Friday, June 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 162

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 162 “Sleep Right” by Jefferson Jay


Here’s a little special something for today’s Operation 365 2. My pal Stephanie Geranio directed “Sleep Right.” She conjured the idea, produced and edited it as well. I just threw my little curtain credits scene near the end. The music in the beginning is “A Day” from my 2nd CD, “Red,” available on iTunes, Spotify and www.jeffersonjay.com

Steph G did a great job, and we had a blast. I look forward to working with her again on this here 365 and keeping tabs on her other sure-to-be exciting adventures. Shout-outs to my family for participating on and off screen.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - BONUS - 162 “Yakety Yak” by The Coasters

So I was fairly stoked this morning, thinking I had my videos done a day in advance and I could take my off day to work on some different fun things. Then, I checked to see if I’d done “Yakety Yak” before. I did, April 15, 2011, the day before my birthday. I spelled it with an extra letter, but it’s the same song.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 162 “I’m Going Down” by Bruce Springsteen

Then I ventured off on a mental odyssey, considering all sorts of tunes in search of something fun to play and share. I considered Billy Ocean, John Mellencamp, John Fogerty… I was wanting a baseball song as today is Day 162 and there are 162 games in a baseball season.

The Padres blew the biggest lead in their franchise history last night and I tunes in just in time to predict it and watch it come to pass. In the future you’ll be able to bet on stuff like at-bats, played instead of games. I would gotten rich last night because I confidently called the Padres collapse. I’m a history guy, The Padres have been a dumpster fire for decades. Like their owner Ron Fowler stated publicly earlier this week on The Mighty 1090, it’s embarrassing.

So “I’m Going Down” is in honor of the Pads epic self-defecating defeat last night at home versus Seattle. I sing low on this one, but not nearly as low as the percentage chance the Mariners had of winning down ten after five innings. Perhaps not even as low as The ‘Dres winning percentage will be by season’s end if they keep this up. I am a soprano compared to their morale after a depth-defying new low for the boys in brown and yellow or blue and yellow. They alternate between the two. How can you expect a team to win a division when they don’t even know what color they wear? The one color they always wear is yellow. More like yeller. Old Yeller. #kevorkian

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 162 “Come on, Padres!”

Here I try to apply a trademark, desperation-infused Jefferson Jay pep talk to the hapless lads from the Gaslamp, The San Diego Padres. They set a club-record by blowing a ten-run lead last night. Congrats’ Dres. When you’ve sucked for so long, it can be a challenge to reach new lows. Anything is possible. Never let anyone tell you it can’t be done. If you ever mange to get a double-digit lead a gain in this young season, I say you blow that one too. You can be the greatest team in history at losing unlosable games. It’s not too late. Better to be the best at something awful than to not be good at anything at all.


Come on Pads, I was maybe going to go tonight too, but I prefer to watch professional baseball games.

No comments: