Saturday, June 25, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 184

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 184 “Nutshell” by Alice in Chains


I love me some Alice In Chains. Have since 1992. I was an upset, young lad at the time, going through some rough stuff back then. Alice in Chains, in particular Layne Stayley, blessed me with one of God’s greatest gifts, perspective. However bad I had it, Layne had it worse. I found some sort of salvation in his pain, proving once again nothing is for naught. Love to my main man, MJW, who first turned me on to these great jams. Hail him. I still owe him an “Am I Inside?” and a “Love Hate Love.” Soon come. Those ones gotta be special for him. For today, for all of you, here’s a “Nutshell.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 184 “Vegetarian Lifestyle” by Jefferson Jay


I have to admit. It’s something I have been considering. One thing the 365 proves is that if you do something every day, it becomes what you do, every day. In other words, we are creatures of habit and if we want to change our behaviors, the main thing we have to do is change them. Once they’re changed, it’s far easier to maintain momentum.

To simplify things yet further, we all are creatures. While there are many reasonable reasons to eat beasts, I can’t help but feel somewhere deep down, it’s wrong. It’s kind of like how you shouldn’t really say anything about anyone that you wouldn’t be willing to say to their face. I can’t see myself hacking up farm animals, and as long as that’s the case, I should probably not eat them. The main reason I do, is its what I’m used to. I recognize that that’s not a great reason.

So here’s a little bossa nova tune I improvisationally penned with the gifted guitarist friend, Dan Porter Ratcliffe, in which I give this matter some serious, and some less serious, consideration.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 184 “Gesticulating Wildly”


Here I am sharing my copious amounts of enthusiasm with you on a Saturday. Not just any Saturday but THEE Saturday of the 37th Annual Ocean Beach Street Fair, right here in our cozy nook of Ocean Beach. I can hardly contain my enthusiasm and I unleashed just a little bit of it for you here before the great bash gets going. So I waved my arms and raised my voice just to share a little glimmer with of what is the greatest day year in and year out in OB, Street Fair Day. And that’s what’s going down.

No comments: