Thursday, June 2, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 161

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 161 "The Theme for Motel 6 " by Tom Faulkner


I can’t believe how easy it was to find out who wrote this song. I changed the words a little to make them more real for me, but the feel and idea are the same. They change the words each commercial anyway so it’s fine. I wish I had used a little more forethought and shared my song “Six,” about how much I love the number 6, today. Another day for the other 6 song.

Good job, Tom Faulkner. That guy wrote “I Want My Baby Back, Baby Back, Baby Back” for Chili’s too. I like Motel 6. Thanks for existing, Motel 6 and thanks to Tom Bodett for leaving the light on for us. It wastes energy but it’s a nice sentiment all the same.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 161 "June Haze" by Jefferson Jay

So I finished busting out my “Motel 6” jam and my iPad died, so I had no choice but to bust out some original composition from my cerebral cortex I think that’s where they live… I’d made up a couple of cool tunes on the spot today earlier at work when iPad died, but those are kind of gone now. One was about a bee and flowers and one was an educational type song about the letter C. Kind of like my own different, “C Is For Cookie” song. I found myself entertaining the notion of making a bunch of fun, educational videos for kids and special needs folks. So many ideas. We’ll see what happens.

With those songs in thin air, I made up this one. I thought it was OK, but I kind of wanted to do better, but perhaps this is fine and that is nonsense. Most likely. So I spoke some words about the pros and cons of keeping this song and then fruitlessly tried for another fifteen minutes to get all the way through another of my jams from memory before dragging my butt back inside knowing I should have just gone with this one in the first place.

A little hazy in the brain lately, so many thoughts all at once. Perhaps I’m just reflecting what we call June Gloom here in Ocean Beach. No gloom on this guy, but there is haze in the air and beneath my hair and this song manifests some of that probably.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 161 Will This Do?”

Here, I literally wonder aloud as to whether the song I’d just created was worthy of this big honking 365 project. Ultimately, when I couldn’t play any other ones, that became an overwhelming “Yes!” Hey, I just want the best for you and everyone else on the planet. Seriously. Now to discover how to turn that compelling, captivating things to see and do. Like the Diggers did in San Francisco in 1966. I have a long awaited date with my Alinsky book. Hail Bernie. Our time is now.



No comments: