Saturday, June 18, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 177

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 177 “Soul Man on the NBA Finals”


Loving life, kicking it with friends on a Saturday. Ruiz. Soul Man called in with some hot opinions on the NBA Finals. They just call it The Finals now, but I like NBA Finals better. Every sport has finals. Duh. Soul Man throwing it down, like Stephen Curry from downtown. Watch to see who Soul Man favors and why and who’s he’s pulling for in Game 7. Soul Man used to ball with Bill Walton here in San Diego. Love me some Soul Man. We’ll be celebrating his 98th birthday at Open Mic on the last Wednesday at Winston's in June from 6 to 9. He’s the best.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 177 "Closing Time" by Semisonic

Been having a fun time with my Q-Chord the last night or two. Wound up here at “Closing Time.” Does that mean it’s time to out it away again. This song makes me think of my friend Lacey and hazy nights in Humboldt long ago.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 177 "Bliss" by Jefferson Jay

“Bliss” was originally called some other thing I forget right now. "Heaven and Harmony." I wrote it on my honeymoon in the Hawaiian island style. I am reminiscing and saluting my honeymoon this weekend here in the 365. Other close friends are in Kauai on theirs and I am so happy for them. It takes me back. They are with my dear pals, the Blowskis, celebrating, and I am with them in spirit. So happy. So in a tribute to one of the greatest weeks of my life, here’s another song from my honeymoon. “Bliss.”

I love my wife. I love my life. 

No comments: