Saturday, June 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 163

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 163 “The 163” by Jefferson Jay

Hello, Today was a tad of a tough day to do the 365. Some days, you just don’t have that spunk. Some days you just want to be normal and hang with your friends, have day off and not do three videos and blog. Deciding, recording, dumping, editing, writing, bouncing, posting, social media. It is many jobs in one. I love it cause it keeps my creativity sharp and it forces to be stay in touch with all of you. I am here for everyone. This is just the only way I’ve figured so far to meaningfully show that. I want what’s best for the world. It’s a priority for me. Probably more than most modern politicians, who seem more interested in scheming extra million out of corporations and taxpayers for their personal gain. Boo you guys. You can do better. We all can. So that is what I hope comes next after Bernie Sanders and all this 365 business. I want to help. I want to provide the mechanism for a conversation on what our world really needs, like Bernie Sanders has to some degree. I want to keep things going and help people find ways to participate in healing our world and leaving something beside to the future that we can truly be proud of. Until then, until I figure what and how exactly that is, I will continue to be there for you every day, even when it’s hot and sunny and Muhammad Ali died yesterday. Hail The Greatest of All Time, a man who fought for everyone and did what he believed in. A man of conviction and ironically, a fighter and a man of Peace.

“The 163,” was fun and easy though. It tends to be that way until it gets challenging and hard. Those who can maintain a calm and positive mind frame when that part starts are far ahead in the scheme of things. I wrote his jam late at night last night prior to crashing in honor of today, Day 163 on the 365 2 and in honor of that fine and scenic highway here in San Diego, the 163.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 163 “Clint Eastwood” by Gorillaz

I was rolling along nicely on today’s videos until I got to the cover. It was a struggle. As I so eloquently kvetched in the “Words” segment. I faced some adversity and even allowed to get under my skin for just a sec. Then I gathered myself and hid in the bathroom until I was done. It is a time-honored coping chamber of mine. A very private place, more often that not, thankfully… So I managed to get it done. Hallellujah!

Cheers to my old friend Brian, then of Del Mar, now of Escondido for all the wonderful and encouraging thoughts he shared with me about what I’ve accomplished and his perceptions of what I represent. It was refreshing to hear and means a lot Thank you.

I don’t normally litter the 365 with swears, but this song is so nice and groovy, I thought I’d sing it like it is. One chord, too. Just yesterday, I briefly contemplated covering Frank Zappa’s “Bobby Brown Goes Down.” Then I imagined some of the people I work with watching that one and their care providers having to explain a lot of highly unsavory circumstances to them. So I don’t know where the line is, but as f today, it is somewhere between Gorillaz and “Bobby Brown Goes Down.” I have not chimed in on the controversy of the week with gorilla being shot to save a kid. I love gorillas. They were my favorite animal as a boy. That said, people lives come first and if killing a gorilla may save a young boy, that’s what’s got to get done. It’s highly unfortunate but I’m glad that boy is OK. Sane people have started telling me they may vote for Donald Trump. Now, that I find alarming. That’s how dissatisfied people are in this country with that status quo. I live for positive change. People deserve love. That’s what I wish to help with. Let ‘em all fight and gloat about money.  Love is the currency that counts.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 163 “In Honor of Ali”

Here are a few words, expressing the Operation 365’s condolences regarding the loss of “The Greatest of All Time,” American Hero, Olympic Gold Medalist, Heavyweight Champion, Conscientious Objector, Muhammad Ali. Few were as firm in their convictions and never in the history of sports, with the possible exception of Jackie Robinson has anybody stood as confidently in the face of fire for a cause they not only believed in, but lived by. I didn’t live to see Ali’s prime as an athlete or any of his political actions during the Vietnam War, but it didn’t matter. From the age I was old enough to know who folks were, I revered Ali, He was larger than boxing. He was larger than sport. He represented charisma and convictions as well as anyone who’s ever lived. Hail Ali.


There’s some other words too. Love you.

No comments: