Thursday, June 16, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 175

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 175 "With a Little Help From My Friends" by The Beatles


So I was at work today doing my music special needs thing, like I do. One of my people said, “Hey, Do you know the Wonder Years’ song?” Indeed, I do. I liked that show. The Wonder Years’ song, in case you didn’t know is Joe Cocker’s version of the Beatles’ classic, "With a Little Help From My Friends." It made her happy. That made me happy. Then I complimented her new backpack. It was colorful and sweet.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 175 "Let Freedom Ring" by Jefferson Jay 


 So I finished playing my Wonder Years' request for the nice young lady who made it. Then she requested a song she calls for almost every week, "My Country Tis of Thee." I played it and then went into a little addendum jam to that one that I made up called "Let Freedom Ring." I have done it before. It's always a little different. So even though, I'm a far bigger fan of "freeness" than free-dumb, I didn't always feel that way and here I went into my past and conjured a groovy little something. From Stone Mountain, Georgia to the Redwood forest, "Let Freedom Ring."

In honor of the US of A, I made the video red, white, and blue for you. It was the least I could do.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 175  "Good Morning to Everyone?" by ?

They may or may not be a song called "Good Morning to Everyone?" I haven't heard it, but that's not a true indicator, either way. There's many a jam I've never heard. Many of the special needs folks I work with know a million songs. Some of them never forget anything. It's pretty cool. So here she sang it and I sang along and that's it. Maybe I'll never know. Maybe I'll know tomorrow. That's what's so exciting about life. You never know what will happen next.
 

No comments: