Friday, June 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 169

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 169 “Dick”


I love my friend Dick. He passed away last week. He and his wife Anna were as great an example to me of what love could be as anybody I’ve ever known. They are an equally excellent example of how to be consistent people, great friends, and the definition of integrity. Fun, old-school, creative, appreciative, amazing. All of these things. And all of these things they continue to be. Dick has passed now and I miss him.

This song says most of the rest of what I want to say. He lived his life hard. He enjoyed it as much as you can. It’s all any of us can hope to do. I am blessed to know him. Hail my brother. Hail Dick.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 169 “Ice Cream Man” by Van Halen


You know me. Too much is never enough. When I thought of how to fully tribute my man, Dick Van Ransom-Magana, Master of Mariposa Ice Cream on Adams Ave. in Normal Heights, San Diego, California, I realized, “I must play “Ice Cream Man.” But would that, could that, be enough, I asked myself? Of course not, I answered.

So I dressed up, as best I could, on short notice as an ice cream cone and sang the blues for Dick. It was no waffle cone. It was not Mariposa Ice Cream… Who am I kidding? It was unbelievable. The best man-dressed-up-like-an-ice-cream-cone-tribute-song-to-Dick of all time. Easily. I love you man. I love you “Ice Cream Man.” So many Great times.

http://fox5sandiego.com/2016/06/06/normal-heights-mourns-loss-of-ice-cream-man/

It never ends. It just changes.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 169 “We, Muppets”


What are we? Are we men? Are we Muppets? It’s up to us. We decide. What do we decide? Every day, we decide.

Friends help. Love is everything. Out of darkness, there is light.


Love.

No comments: