Sunday, June 5, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 164

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 164 “Operation 365 After Hours”


So, we are scheduled to visit our filmmaking pal in L.A. soon. I thought I might be
doing myself a solid if I got busy late Friday night and busted out a few highly entertaining videos without waking up my wife.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 164 “Thomas’ English Muffins”

This first piece is based on a man’s love for late-night intimacies with “Thomas’ English Muffins.” It’s hard to get more intimate than putting those savory bread morsels into your mouth, chewing, and then swallowing ‘em down, bit by scrumptious bit. I’m blushing just thinking about it. Maybe, this will some day blossom into the greatest jingle ever. I think it could be remixed thusly and the whole world would grow in the wake of the ecstasy that is “Thomas’ English Muffins.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 164 “The Facts of Life” by Burton, Loring and Thicke

Folks, no one said it was easy, getting through life each day, in an all girls’ school in Peekskill, New York or wherever you are, doing whatever you do. The wisdom shared here by Edna Garrett and the girls has stuck with me. Jo Polniaczek, Tootie… all of ‘em. Here I go sultry and acapella, bringing you a stirring and stripped down version of one of the greatest television theme songs in the history of human Earth, “The Facts of Life.”


No comments: