Sunday, June 19, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 178

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 178 “Burning For You”

Happy Father’s Day. I wanted to begin today by saying what a great honor it is for me to have the opportunity to entertain you and interact with you every day. It is a privilege and I take it very seriously. I must. Otherwise, I would have stopped banging out these here vids some months ago. I awoke this morning to some very kind words from an old friend E, Eric Dawson. Both names are his. So is Duke Tomorrow, I believe. Regardless, I am not doing this for money, so the valuable feedback I get is my return on my investment. It means a lot. It feels great and I know it’s always genuine, because who would bother lying about something like this? No one. It’s nice when your world is simple enough that you can be genuine and maintain a reasonable expectation that the folks you’re interacting with are genuine too. It is a great relief. It is the type of dependence you can have on a tree to hold you up, or the sun to rise, or the ocean to make sure those waves keep on coming. It is nature. It is natural and it is the living, breathing example of how we’re supposed to act in this life. Every day.

So today, I rummaged around trying to find the perfect place for our daily connection. Let’s see how that turned out. Shall we?

Folks, if you want to know what I’m really like, watch this video. I don’t always even watch them all. I make them, but the whole thing takes about an hour a day, or more, so I rarely watch them all the way through. I watched this one though, made sure I didn’t say anything too outlandish and in a nutshell, yeah, that’s me. I talk to myself. I go on and on. I crack jokes. I love life as best I can. Happy Father’s Day. My pleasure to share me. Thanks for keeping you all up in this business too. Happy Pop’s Day. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 178 "Bob Ross Remixed – Happy Little Clouds" by PBS Digital Studios"

I’ve been reminiscing this weekend about our majestic Hawaiian honeymoon in August 2014. It was a week like no other. Kauai is a wonderland I’ll love forever. Some dear friends are there on a honeymoon of their own right now visiting with some other dear friends, who straight up moved there cause it’s so awesome. I sense that may become a recurring theme as times moves forward. Can’t blame anyone for moving there.

On our trip, we were mostly consumed with each other and enjoying ourselves. Robin Williams tried to blow a chunk in our paradise with his untimely suicide. Come on, Mork. The only thing other element of the outside world that really penetrated our newlywed bliss was this “Bob Ross Remix,” courtesy of PBS. We cranked this video over and over again and loved it. I think my wife still claims this is her favorite song. I was so emotional and happy that week, I probably cried when I watched it once or twice, cause it’s just that moving and beautiful. Here’s a link to that vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7tCdBVrA 

And here’s my cover of it. The first ever of it’s kind? I don’t know. I don’t care. I do things first ever, for instance this 365 and the last one. 24 Hours of Free music four times. It’s not all it’s cracked up to be. You really have to bust your hump or come up with some truly absurd ideas to go where no one’s ever gone before these days. Heck. Someone’s got to do it. May as well be me.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 178 "Hawaii Adventure" by Jefferson Jay


I was extremely inspired on our Hawaiian Honeymoon to Kauai in 2014. I was writing island-y tunes on a daily basis. Love will do that to ya. This one I wrote with my wife, I guess. She rarely wants credit for things of this nature. We were walking and singing this tune, making it up as we went along. Later, I figured out all the chords and wrote all the words down and here we are, years later, trying to power through this number propped up on a tree. Thanks Tree. Thanks Everybody. We are all one and that means we are all vital cogs in the wonderful world that we share each day. It’s just about learning how to contribute to the glory that is love and life.

No comments: