Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 222

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 222 "1-877-KARS-4-KIDS" by Unknown


I am a regular listener to Sports Radio 66 WFAN New York. I pick it up and through the Tune In app and it makes me feel like I felt growing up in New Jersey. I’m not sure this commercial goes back quite that far, but it might. I hear it all the time. So it was in my head today and I decided I play it. Wikipedia says some lady wrote the music and some volunteer wrote the words. Didn’t seem factual to me. It didn’t break on Web Facts threshold, which I’ll admit, is a less than scientific threshold. Did the jingle, my friends.

I added a sick solo and took out the part where the little kid goes on and on about donating stuff today.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 222 "Shake It Up" by Jefferson Jay

I wrote this song some time awhile back. I could check when, but why bother. I vaguely recall writing it in a classroom full of high school students as an example of how writable songs really are. I’m not sure, really. I don't think I played it right, either, but...


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 222 "Goose Stringbean"

Even though, this is entirely not the point of the 365, I'm going to let you in on a little personal privacy. I haven't been feeling quite like myself lately. Fortunately for me, I doubt anyone will ever read this so I could confess to just about anything and it wouldn't matter. It's hard to say if that is any part of factor in my brief malaise. My best friend, the WonderPooch, Angel passed away a year ago, this Thursday. I don't know if that's a factor but it may be as well. I have found calendar anniversary sadness in my past previously. 

Anyway, I don't stay down too long usually. And I'm not inclined to complain any more here than I already have. My goal is to lift people up through this, not bring them down, but let's face it, in any 365 day period, some folks are going to have their moments of relative unpsychedness. These are mine. Wish me well and may it pass quickly. 

Because of this, I have no inclination to record a "Words" bit that I'm legitimately proud of. Instead, I offer this thin re-creation of a Bruce Springsteen-type song, called "Goose Stringbean," because it rhymes. 

No comments: