Saturday, August 20, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 240

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers - 240 “At This Moment” by Billy Vera and The Beaters

Some years ago “At This Moment” was on “Family Ties,” a popular 1980’s sit com. That’s where I first became aware of the tune. It had a video I liked too. This led to me buying the 45 of this number. Yes, the 45. I cranked it. I’d even sing along. I had no idea from formative those vinyl sing-along sessions would prove to be in my adult life. The B Side on my 454 was called” Peanut Butter,” which is a pretty humorous song in itself.

Yes, I always had a soft spot for “At This Moment.” My pal was pretty excited she knew who did this tune. That’s pretty impressive considering it was a one-hit wonder before she was born. She didn’t get it exactly right, but I loved her guess nonetheless. Entertainment is. “At This Moment”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 240 “Angels” by Jefferson Jay

You ever feel the presence of angels, spirits that love and support you and help you make it through the day. I see ‘em them everywhere and in all kinds of things. What one person might see as a coincidence, I see synergy. I don’t believe in coincidences. I just think the universe is selective in when it chooses to give us a glimpse in to how purposeful everything actually is. Maybe this song is that for you. Maybe you’d been feeling the “Angels” and you just need a little song to lay it all out for you and remind you how mystical our world can be.

As is always the case in these sorts of situations, you need to believe. Otherwise, there are no angels, period. For that matter, if you don’t believe in Oreos, they don’t exist either. It’s amazing what folks can block in the interests of believing what they think they need to. This is why folks believe in Scientology and all kinds of incredible things. I wish them the best. Hail Angel and Hail “Angels.”

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words 240 “Angel Answers”    

Still no getting what the “Angels” thing is all about. Here are a few words that breaking down a little less musically. I hope you are feeling the groove, the vibe, or whatever you prefer to call it. I hope you are feeling the angels. Love you. Your online friend, JJ





No comments: