Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 250

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 250 “Layla” by Eric Clapton


As an impressionable youngster, one of my first jobs was at the mall. In New Jersey, the mall is rite of passage, several actually. Being able to be old enough to go there and get a toy is a step. Being able to go alone and hang out with your friend for hours is another. And getting a job there, well, that’s about the last one that has any real worth.

I did my stint senior year of high school, Record World. That was back when they had music stores. The manager’s name was Dave. He was crazy. He hoped people would steal so he could hit them. There was a real interesting guy named Tony there too. Speaking of Tony’s, life was rolling along pretty swimmingly until my best friend Tony passed away that February.

I had been listening to a new song that hadn’t come out yet. It was about to. I heard it ‘cause I worked at the record store. So had Tony. It was on his answering machine when he died. It was “Tears in Heaven” by Eric Clapton.

Since then, I’ve felt a pretty strong bond to Eric Clapton. It’s more personal and thean musical I guess. Even though I like a lot of his songs that I know he’s never been one of the musicians I followed mostly closely. I played that “Tears in Heaven” song some back then and listened to it more too many times to count.

Well, here we are years later. I’m glad I’m OK. I was pretty upset about all that stuff a long while. I hope Eric is OK too. Here is my version of his “Unplugged” version of his great tune “Layla.” Thanks, friend.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 250 “In What Do You Believe?”

“In What Do You Believe?” This was a little thought I was thinking as I started my day today. I thought about a song about what you believe, well, about what I believe. I don’t know what you believe. So I went for it. Besides missing the change the first few times, it went OK. I edited that out.

I think more talks of things of this nature would be highly illuminating. There is a lot for us to learn about each other and ways the world could optimally perform. Another day for that, we most frequently say. And then we talk about the weather and the big game. It’s OK. We’re all perfectly fine.

I didn’t believe much as a boy. That whole Tony thing happened. Then I started knowing about some stuff, seeing and hearing things, feeling extremely intense feelings. Then I started to believe. Having firm faith comes quite naturally when your beliefs stem from vivid personal experiences. I am deeply grateful for everything. I live to serve and help contribute to happiness and people enjoying life as fully as positively as possible. That’s my thing, but my thing is we are all one. So there is only one thing. And everything happens for a reason. And anything is possible. And unconditionally loving everything and everyone is the highest we can hope to achieve as human beings. Humble Gratitude.


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 250 “That’s a Wrap”

So this is the end for my work for today. A smile widens across my face. Yes, I have to copy and paste, load and link, but that’s OK. This is the end of required writing for my brain. That’s not to say I won’t work way more. I just love doing it when it tickles my fancy. Oh, love a world where there are fancies for tickling. THANK YOU.

No comments: