Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 237

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 237 “Drag Me Down” by One Direction


“Drag Me Down” is another one of those 365 songs I’ve never heard before. A couple of the young ladies I play music for at work started telling me their favorite One Direction tunes this morning and “Drag Me Down” was one they mentioned. Here, I interpret it in a much more Johnny Cash-ish way than at the pop sensations did, at least according the ladies who have actually heard it. It’s all music and everything in life is open to interpretation. Let the judges judge. May the rest of us enjoy as much as possible. L’chaim.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 237 “The Best Music Ever Dude” by Jefferson Jay

Sense of humor? Absurdity? Ionesco, anyone? I don't know and I don't care. Art. Oh, yes! Great art. Why not? What's the point? Because. You do it. The same? Better? No matter. No such thing. This is a moment. This is song. This entertainment and it's different than what anyone else ever is going got try. I dare the world to prove otherwise. The point? No. Just another day in a holy glorious life. #ExpressYourself Am I “The Best Music Ever Dude?” Well, can you prove that I'm not?


Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 237 “Excellence Personified”

Folks, If I am guilty of anything, it may well be having too much fun on Day 237 of the Operation 365. Occasionally I am misconstrued as an intellectual or someone with an above average IQ. I beg to differ, friends, and as Exhibit A in my refutation of these allegations I present the fact that I still follow WWE. Yes, that would be embarrassing if I possessed a higher capacity for shame. But no, I accept me, embarrassing interests and all. 

So in wrestling, there are faces, (the good guys) and heels (bad guys). I find it fun to sometimes be both. Acting! So if you find yourself, tweaked in any way, shape, or form by the unabashed boasting featured in today's 365, SIT ON IT, BUDDY!  

Joking, I'm joking. Seriously, you've got to lighten up. It is fun to pretend to be bad sometimes. It livens up the fruit punch, you know, like it's 1966, but not really. So, hopefully I stoked your creative fires with mine today. Shouting, boasting, unabashedly, it's fun to throw yourself into a role from time to time. I don't really think I'm better than you (or anyone) at music or anything. Fools think stuff like that. It's all relative and we are all one. How you supposed to better than yourself? Oh, I know. Grow, improve, add love, and rise. It's the only way. 

No comments: