Sunday, August 21, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 241

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers - 241 “Old Time Rock N’ Roll” by Bob Seger

Negative is the new positive, folks, the truth is what you make it. Turn that frown upside-down, I believe, is another way of saying something similar. It is Sunday and as fate would have it, it is sunny. Hooray! How did they know when they named it? Even though Tom Cruise makes me uncomfortable sometimes, here is the number he brought back to prominence in his “Risky Business” underwear dance. When I record videos in my underwear, I do everything I can to make sure that part remains off camera. Shy? Humble? Who knows? Respectful? Perhaps. Regardless, Here’s some Seeg on a Sun.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 241 “Finally Found” by Jefferson Jay

Made this ditty up at work the other day. I think it has some potential. There were a few decent lines in here that may be worth revisiting. I like the idea of finally arriving at a destination you have pursued for some time. It may be your bed after a long day. It may the top of a mountain after a long day or week of hiking. It may be a delicious plate of chow when you are hungry. Even some personal revelation. Whatever it is, it feels good to reach the destination, take a deep breath and reflect on what you’ve done. It doesn’t get much more human than that, my friends.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 241 “Have a Glorious Happy Sunday”

It was just brought to my attention that today is the anniversary of some dear friends of our, Larissa and Wes. I remember their wedding day well. In fact, I wrote a song for them as I do for weddings and babies and things of that nature. The song is called “Larissa and Wes.” I certainly anticipated performing that on their anniversary but that now seems like it might happen tomorrow instead.

In either case, it’s like I said, there are few things more human and gratifying than arriving at the completion of a long-term goal. For many folks, whether they realize it or not, that can be marriage or having a family. You never know when it’s going t happen to you. Trust me on that. I still truly want to do that “Larissa and Wes” song today and maybe I will. That, like so many other thing in life remains, “To Be Determined.” I like being determined.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 241 “Larissa and Wes” by Jefferson Jay

And a glorious happy Sunday to all of you too. Hey! Look what I found. Beaming Boy Scouts, Batman! Somebody prepared for this anniversary back on February 6. Yes, this someone may have been slightly giddy, but what’s wrong with that, I say? Nothing. SO Yes! Let’s do it. Happy Anniversary, Larissa and Wes. I am glad you finally found each other. Ironically, that will push “Finally Found” ‘til tomorrow. Oh, sweet irony. 




No comments: