Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 244

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers - 244 “Starry Gazer” by Chelsea Flor


I have always felt exceptionally connected to my friends who have passed on. It is the strangest sort of gift, one that can only come with the type of experience nobody would choose. Loss. Lots of it. It can be character-building and it is nice to be confident, as I am, that far more awaits us when we are done with our work here.

Chelsea Flor was a wise and wandering spirit. Still is, I imagine. Why stop now? She passed from her body a couple of years ago. I always found her presence to be angelic and comforting. I enjoyed watching her play and provided her as many opportunities as I could to do so, especially in the early days of my run at Portugalia. When she passed, I was sad. Since right then, I wanted to learn “Starry Gazer” and play it. Today, Facebook politely informed me that it is her birthday. Our mutual friend Annie Rettic was kind enough to share the chords and lyrics with me. Thanks Annie. It felt amazing to play this tune. Very moving. I was moved. Thanks Chelsea for everything you did. I know you write a lot of songs and spiritual stuff. I hope to learn amore about your life’s work. I appreciate you, your soul, your spirit and thanks.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 244 “Sweet Berries For Us” by Jefferson Jay

One time, not too long ago I was hanging with my friend Naomi. She is awesome. About as supportive a friend as you could ever hope to have. We met her friend Suzie, that night. It was a lovely day. There was a friend of hers who had passed away. His name was Eladio. It seems like he was a really cool dude. We ate sweet berries and sang this song.

A couple of days ago, my bass player/friend Orion brought over some sweet berries for us. He brought raspberries and blueberries. And a Duckfoot Hazelnut Porter. Savory. We enjoyed them. So did a baby. Not the porter.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 244 “Water”


Water. I’m very grateful for it. In fact, some science folks say I am 90% it, or something. So I am water and water is my brother. “Water” is more of a song than just “Words,” but it has words and they are “Water.” Even if it didn’t have words, though, to me, it could be “Words,” because the only point of words is communication and music is much like words in that way. It’s not as much about “Words” as it is about saying something. 



No comments: