Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 229

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 229 “Borderline” by Madonna


Sometimes I feel there aren’t enough songs. It is a byproduct of a cover a day every day for year, twice. I don’t mind. Everything’s a choice. It’s what makes days like today more interesting, when it feels like there are too many perfect songs. How do you choose just one? Someone long ago said, “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.” I didn’t really understand what that meant until recently. Bush guy spends a lot more days birdless. Time is like a bird. If it’s in a bush, it’s not your really, but if it’s in your hand. It’s precious. The point is…

So, I’ve recorded a bunch of tunes. There are a million ways I could tribute my wife on our second anniversary. So many transcendent love songs. Anyway, even though Madonna’s “Crazy For You,” is in the hopper, all but ready to go, I’m staying with “Borderline,” because it’s bounced and done. My wife’s birthday is in two days, so the celebrations keep coming and the quiet, alone time is scarce. So “Borderline,” today, and make no mistake, she does keep pushing my love over the “Borderline,” “Crazy For you,” That’s your Madonna 365 update for a Tuesday. Glad that’s been cleared up.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 229 “Anniversary One” by Jefferson Jay

So, today is my second anniversary. Is it odd that I still can’t believe this is all real? Last year, we spent it celebrating in Atlantic City. What’s more majestic than a New Jersey celebration? We’ll see. Ask me later. So last year, I sat in the window of our hotel room late at night, and I wrote Leanne this tune. Peace to everyone. Happy Anniversary to you, Leanne. I love you.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 229 “Anniversary Two” by Jefferson Jay

Surprise. I wasn’t crazy about the way the recordings of “Anniversary One” came out, so here is one day earlier than I expected, “Anniversary Two.” I improvised this but I was feeling the pretty chords and the tune’s vibe. I hope you, the people of the world and Leanne, the wife of me, love it. Happy anniversary!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 229 “So, How’s Your Wife?”

I’m proud to answer, "great." It ain’t easy, folks. You ever been married? But, that’s what makes it all the more satisfying when things go well. You know you accomplished something. The streets are littered with the skeletons of marriages gone south. It can happen to the best of us. So when it doesn’t, we must celebrate. Taking greatness for granted is way to miss out on life’s great thrills. Nope, every day is full of challenges. Turning them to joy, each day we survive, much like the hokey pokey prior, that, my friends, that’s what it’s all about.

Wishing you the greatest glories God can offer. Peace and love, Jefferson.

No comments: