Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 223

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 223 "Chantilly Lace" by The Big Bopper


It’s nice to be able to put on a different face for a moment, or a day. Actors do it professionally. It can be so liberating to get away from one’s infernal mindset for a time. We can do this other ways as well. Meditation, I suppose. Vacation. Disguise, perhaps? The Big Bopper did it. I doubt his friends called him “Big” or “Mr. Bopper.” Nope, that was a character he created and that’s what made the “Chantilly Lace” song so fun. It’s a silly song. Being silly is another great way to ge relief form the mundane nature of being serious.

I am feeling world better today. Still not so ready to let y’all see my face from yesterday, so I painted it colors. I made it extra ghastly actually. I don’t know why. Somebody must go the extra mile to try to entertain. You try, every day. It’s not as easy as you might imagine. This is especially true, when we’re dealing in the currency of music, of which I’ve recently been told, no one is listening, until they are. Can’t do stuff for others. Got to do it for you. I love others. I want to help, but everything happens for a reason and I must remind myself that I am doing exactly what I am meant to do. In this case, Day 223, Operation 4652, that happens to be “Chantilly Lace.” Hail Bopper.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 223 "Forward Run" by Jefferson Jay

The other day, I wasn’t feeling it, so I turned in uncharacteristically early. I couldn’t sleep though. Perhaps, because it was so darn early. So eventually these chords popped into my head and I got up and wrote the tune. Then I recorded it. This is that. Then I went to bed for real. Love to you. To great days. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 223 "Don’t Be Scarred"

Folks, this is good advice every day. No matter how you get there. We all have some lingering woe. To that woe, though, I say “Whoa.” Whoa, Yo. No need for all that. Too much to celebrate. Too little time. Destiny can be peculiar. We must hang on and enjoy the ride. Let it go, said that show. Fro – Don’t Be Scarred.

Love is everywhere.


No comments: