Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 230

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers – 230 “Baby, You’re a Rich Man” by The Beatles


So, “Baby, You’re a Rich Man” is a beautiful and inspiring song about how wonderfully well-off we all are. I wrote a song with a similar theme recently called, “This Is How Kings Live.” I posted it last week. I had some fun playing it for the rich, special people whose time I get to share a few days a week. A strange thing occurred at about the 1.51 mark. Right before, I sang the line, “you keep all your money in a big brown bag, inside a zoo.” At about that same moment, this version of this tune sounds like it jumped into “a big brown bag, inside a zoo.” What a thing to do, video.

I could have just scrapped it for that, but I decided against it. It was just on the acceptable side of OK, by my humble standards, so… dig it. Open Mic is tonight. Winston’s, 6 to 9. Love to see you if you’re local. Otherwise, we will celebrate on behalf of all the brothers and sisters worldwide. Peace.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals – 230 “Anniversary One” by Jefferson Jay

Yesterday was my second anniversary. It was a very lovely one. Last year, on our anniversary, I wrote this song for my wife, Leanne, overlooking the Atlantic Ocean from our Atlantic City hotel room. It's a personal, touching little song. It is through the magic of the 365 that it becomes public, but that's OK. The world could use as much positivity as possible. Here's some more, world. Love you everyone. Hang in there. 

Honey, wife face, sweetheart, I love you. Here's your first anniversary song. 

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 230 “I Like Everybody”

One of my favorite things about working with the special needs population is the incredible and positive attitudes they bring with them every single day. It is inspiring and awesome. I dare anyone to try to have my job and be grumpy at work for any period of time. You’d have to be going through some really rough stuff, for that to be the case. Don’t get me wrong. A lot of people I work with have very difficult jobs, I respect them so much, but most of them, at least the ones that last, manage to muster genuine smiles far more often than not.

The people I work with are appreciative and kind. They are humble, yet much more capable of clearly stating their positive traits without feeling the embarrassment or trepidation so many of us feel when complimenting ourselves. I find it refreshing. I was complimenting a person today on always having a great spirit and he answered, “ I know I do.” He is not bragging. He is just stating the truth. So often, my friends feel compelled to say “in my opinion,” and qualifiers of that nature. We are conditioned to hedge our thoughts or to cloak them in softening comments for fear of offending anyone. Who could blame people? So many these days are quick to cry and complain about so much. I think it is sad and I am glad that the folks I work with aren’t inhibited in that manner. It is healthy for people to feel positively about their good traits.

Steps beyond that lives… liking everyone. I don’t have the time or patience to explain why that is prudent to everyone, but they know it and I do too. And I feel so blessed to know both them and that. Think about it if you want to. If you don’t get it, it may be worth your thought time. XOXO It’s up to you.


No comments: