Thursday, August 4, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 224

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 224 “Cruel Summer” by Bananarama


Sometimes, life can be cruel. For instance, devotees of the Operation 365 and Bananarama-philes may find themselves deeply disappointed that I only sang a small snippet of this 80s anthem.

Another option, I suppose, is maybe folks are busy and they love love love watching each instant of the 365, yet they struggle to find time to fit it all in each day. I hear ya. I struggle with the same thing. Perhaps to those folks, for whom the 365 is a lifeblood, or a type of video oxygen, if you will, perhaps those folks will appreciate the brevity personified in this heartwarming film of man and pooch.

Hail Angel. It’s been a year since my bestest pooch pal passed. I miss ya, Ainge. So does Nige (pictured here). Love you. Thanks

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 224 “Luke Luke” by Jefferson Jay

When one door closes, another opens. Sometimes profoundly, sometimes on the same day. One year ago today, my new nephew, Luke was born. As I do for all my uncle offspring, I wrote the boy a tune. I crooned the tune in the room where he was born with his Aunt Leanne. Here is never before seen footage from inside the hospital room. Hospital rooms are actually nothing like they seem on General Hospital, ER, Nurse Jackie, Scrubs, St. Elsewhere, and 40 other shows. They actually have my family in them. It’s crazy. Hail Luke. Happy Birthday. Hope to see you soon!

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 224 "A Cowboy Song"

Songs are words in the sense that, words are in songs. The music, like words, also speaks, so I bare no noteworthy hesitation when I pop a tune into this here Words space. It’s been a slightly heavy day. I was very grateful to have the chance to work with my special people. Interacting with them and making music helps me maintain a positive mental space. Songs, like words can hold transportive qualities that put you elsewhere and allow you a break from one’s thoughts, feelings, opinions, and ideas.

So while this here, improvised number might have fit quite nicely as tomorrow’s original. I would gladly trade an original tomorrow for some “Words” and a chance to enjoy the rest of my day more privately today. Thank you.

Love for the ones you love. Believing in who you believe. Grieve.  

Onward and upward.


No comments: