Sunday, August 7, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 227

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 227 "Do Not Disturb”


Folks, some more helpful advice here. Never disturb the wife. She is a highly volatile species and can lash out unpredictably when caught off-guard. Always maintain a high level of caution when approaching the wife, particularly if she is in any way surrounded by Gray’s Anatomy. Consider yourself warned. Thank me later.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 227 “A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall” by Bob Dylan

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

Now I was pretty fired up to play the theme from the old 80s sitcom, 227 for Day 227 here today. I listened to the tune. Still funky. Alas, the chords were not handy and today is a long day already. We play in a couple hours from 7-9 with the band at a new bar in town called THC 1502. Then I’m staying late and hosting band and fun and games, so it’s a and extra special Sunday. So I think instead we’re getting some Bob Dylan tune instead. Oh yeah. Bob’s folks insist I add some verbiage. Let me find it and stick it in at the top there. 

I like Dylan a lot, but I don’t really know “A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall.” Can ya tell? Probably. My boy Scotty suggested I play this tune, I think he wanted me to sing it like Bob Dylan, but I don’t even know how he sings it, so, if I did, which is highly unlikely, it was not on purpose.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 227 “What’s This Song About?” by Jefferson Jay

It seems like there’s boatloads to do this week. I am trying to stay ahead, but I am a little fatigued as well. No sense lamenting things of this nature. It changes nothing. Better off to sing this song that I don’t even know what it’s about. Perhaps it reflects my rapidly revolving mind as it tries to keep track of all the things it thinks are important to keep track of. How is it supposed to know?

None of us know what tomorrow holds. How can we know which thoughts are important, what subjects are worth singing about? I don’t know. I know love rocks, but how many songs can you sing about that? 21,364, exactly. But you don’t want to use ‘em all up. Then there’s none left and you’re stuck singing about frogs and dogs and cats and whatever else this song is about.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 227 “Blue Hat Blues” by Jefferson Jay


Upon further review, “What’s This Song About?” may never be shared with the people of Earth. I’m undecided. Maybe another day. Maybe never. Who knows? Not I. In lieu of that made-up OK song, I bring another oldie. “Blue Hat Blues” is a song I wrote about a time when I lost my blue hat in my friend Blowski’s car and how he heroically returned it to me and how that made me happy and whole again. Thanks Blowski. Miss ya pal.

No comments: