Thursday, August 18, 2016

Operation 365 2... Blog 238

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 238 “The Farmer’s Wife” by Jefferson Jay


Do you know what revisionist history is? It is when historians, or regular people use the passage of time to change history. Often, they manipulate events in a way that is advantageous to them in one way or another. I was singing “Three Blind Mice” earlier today. “One ran off with the Farmer’s wife. He cut off their tails with a carving knife…” Those are the lyrics, right? Pardon me, while I Google. Preparing to Google.

I began to think, is it she, the farmer’s wife who cut off their tails. Was Mouse #1 running after her and not “off with her.” As I thought. I wonder if Google will replace the Bible in the future as the go to source for what really happened long ago.

This, right here, (thank you Wikipedia) …
Three blind mice. Three blind mice.
See how they run. See how they run.
They all ran after the farmer's wife,
Who cut off their tails with a carving knife,
Did you ever see such a sight in your life,
As three blind mice?

…is revisionist history. That’s not how it went down at all. How do I know? The farmer, well, let’s just say he was a friend of mine, before that no-good interloping mouse ran off with his wife and wrecked his life. That’s’ all I have to say for now except, his name was Mickey.

Either that, or I’m just a little confused. Don’t even get me started on Old McDonald. Or his evil son Ronald.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay - Words - 238 “Please Do Not Run Off with Farmers Wife”

Please be careful around morality-challenged, visually impaired rodentia. Here, we look in at the set-up for “The Farmer’s Wife” rant/song. It was very cinematic of me to put the set-up after the video it is built off wouldn’t ya say? I’m two parts Tarantino, one part “Momento,” half-a-part pamplemousse. Nonsensical blind mouse rant, exemplified. Here, we see how we stumbled into this mysterious corner conversationally. If this doesn’t teach ya something, perhaps it’s just not informative.

Operation 365 2 - Jefferson Jay – Covers - 238 “After Midnight” by J.J. Cale

One of my special pals suggested I play this one, so I did. Eric Clapton made it famous but his pal J.J. Cale wrote it. Dude also write “Cocaine.” Sometimes I like to sing “Spokane,” a little ditty about a Washington town, to the same tune. I don’t care if it’s properly spoken “Spoke Ann.” Spo-Cane!




No comments: