Monday, October 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 307

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 313 Robin Lee "Drifting" - 8-13-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUNi_J5dwiM


Busy days. Why do anything? Just because. Teaching the children today, more or less. Much else to do. Figure out how I'm gonna pay rent. Hang some posters for the Open Mic on Wednesday. This here 365. Stuff. I'm going to JT's to do some finishing work on my CD, that I don't know how I'm going to afford to finish and release by 11-11-11.

I am honored to continue to present my friend, the great Robin Lee, with Annie Rettic from Joe and Jen Stevens' wedding on August 13, 2008, a truly wonderful day. I presided over the ceremony int eh park and then hosted and "open mic" of sorts and had it filmed (by Dylan Avery) and recorded (by Alan Silva), just they way they wanted. For their part, Joe and Jen bought everybody and awesome meal and provided us all with an evening to remember forever. I am still thanking them for that right now.

Somehow Robin got the garter. Yesterday, I posted a clip of Blowski sliding it up Robin's leg. It was funny. The antics continue at the end of this clip with Clifford entering the comedy Great friends. Great times. Lots of laughing. Don't miss it. I like sharing these good times with whoever's interested. I like sharing Robin and her music too. It means a lot to me. To me, it feels important.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 313 "Oh, Boy!" by Sonny West and Bill Tilghman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-qijyDw0RM


wikipedia says... ""Oh, Boy!" is a song originally performed by Buddy Holly's band The Crickets. It was written by Sonny West and Bill Tilghman." Thank you, website. Yeah, I played the song, There it is. Thanks.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 313 "The I Don't Even Know What To Say Blues"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmkfQMOjG8o


Yeah, everything's pretty grand in this life. Everything except the lack of money in my bank account I know this doesn't make me special, especially not to my landlord, whose expecting a pretty big check real soon. I hope someday to not have this slate of worries. I simply don't know what to do. I'm sure it will work out somehow. I am happy with all other things in my life that matter most. Friendship, love, great times. Work is OK. Sometimes it seems like having money maters more. Not inside your heart, but if you wanna live somewhere, have a phone, use the internet, stuff like that. I bust my butt and try to make a difference. I haven't figured out how to get that to pay real well yet, at least not for an extended period of time. I feel like I should be better at that. Maybe I would, if it was a top priority, Maybe it should be. I obviously don't know.

So I made up a little blues, to try to make myself feel beter. It worked eh. I feel OK, just don't know how rent and other stuff is getting paid. Could be worse. I could be riding in Hearse.

No comments: