Friday, October 21, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 325

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 331 Robin Lee 4-30-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsHc7QzLrQ


Here is another awesome Robin Lee song that I don't know the name of. I don't feel so bad this time, 'cause you can see as the song starts, Robin doesn't remember the name of it either. I love and miss Robin very much and she is on my mind lots. She is joined here by Jack Davidson.

I am pretty organized when it comes to all this Archive stuff, more or less. This show is an exception. I posted a clip from Robin playing at this same show months ago. Then I thought it was April 9, 2009. Now I'm pretty sure, it is 4-30-2009, as sure as I can be anyway, without an demonstrable proof to fall back on. It matters to me and me alone, what day it was. Damn love for history. What can I tell ya?

What's most important is you get to see how awesome Robin is. Whether you've seen her play tons of times or never at all, doesn't really matter. What we have is now. Then again, I'm really glad I saw her play, so I guess it's easy for me to say. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 331 "Down By the River" by Neil Young
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD58LF22rLU


"Down By the River" was one of the first cover tunes I ever learned. I learned out of the back of some guitar magazine with Trey from Phish on the cover. Neil Young is one of the people I respect most in music history. The man wreaks of integrity. This version of "Down By the River" is anything but the one I learned that day 15 years ago. First of all, I couldn't play anywhere near this fast. Second of all, I hadn't yet learned to traslate my daffiness to acoustic guitar. At least not that I recall.

In public events, I am revolted by the public and Geneva Convention-defying murder of Qadaffi, or however you sell it. I am not defending the dude at all. I am just saying of you're going to go to the trouble of having international law, you should follow it. Otherwise why bother? and if our leaders don't follow the laws they've made, why should anyone else? I have no idea. When did bringing someone to trial become such an unacceptable thing to do? Finally, rapture liar, Harold Camping, is about to be wrong with his revised lies about the end of the world. Love it when greedy, fear-mongering liars who use God to make cash get shown to be lying hypocrites that they are.

Thank God we have nice, wholesome songs like "Down By the River" to take our minds of all the madness that is daily life.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 331 "The Kindergarten Blues"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROZMLSTUMK0


So I accepted an assignment to be a resource teacher at an urban city school. When I got to work, way too early in the morning, I learned I was teaching kindergarten. Well, I teach all the grades from time to time and kindergarten is by far the hardest hands down. Situations like this are the reason why. The day is going great and then al of a sudden all of the children start attacking me. First they tried to pull me down by my legs. I asked, told, and insisted they stop repeatedly, but to no avail. They do what they want. There is no reasoning with them.

Eventually, I just put my head down, pretending I was crying, in hopes they would feel bad and ease up. Not so much. Instead they just started pounding on my back. It was like getting hit with a hundred soft, little hammers. Oh yeah, they were screaming while they did it. A few children trie to protect me, but they were definitely the minority. I must definitely have accrued some bad sub karma from way back in the day. Eventually, some authority figure came in due to the screaming and lectured them in Spanish. It was amazing to watch instantly revert to their imitation of fully formed humans. Then the policeman came in and gave 'em a talking to to.

They are so darn cute, you can't be mad at 'em for too long. Another of the many dilemmas involved in teaching these minute pups. So that's the story. No harm, no foul. no bumps, no bruises. Just another day at the office. Maybe someday, I'll make a living doing something a lot more like this, and then I won't have to go anymore. Who knows? Maybe then, I'll have 5-year olds of my own to scrap with. At least if I did, it would be one-on-one and I could legally defend myself without hurting someone else's kid, by mistake. Great times. Gotta love this life. What other choice do we have?

http://news.yahoo.com/video/sandiegochannel8-15751279/suspect-attacks-couple-with-machete-in-normal-heights-27029713.html

No comments: