Monday, October 10, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 314

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 320 Richard Romero and Friends 2-12-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83meslGp0a8


Here is the song after the song I posted yesterday from Richard Romero's set on February 12, 2009. Richard was joined by by Maciej Switacz on flute, Paul Lopez on congas, The Soul Man on guiro and yours truly on some additional lead guitar. Right on, to the righteous, jamtastic, 70s representin' Richard Romero.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 320 "Light My Fire" by The Doors
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwmQLBWjHmg


That's right. My fire's been lit by love, by life and I am fired up as all heavin' heck. I may have to make my way down to the San Diego Civic Center and go kick it with my brethren fighting for justice. Peaceful fighting, my favorite. No violence. Peace and love. I thought that ship had sailed. That "Crystal Ship" if you will. Justice is arriving in America. The spirit of justice, which is hope and faith. Belief things can and will improve, stepping out to do something to make it so. I love it, like I love music, like I love a sunset, like I love an individual artist expressing his or her self fearlessly. like I love my family, girlfriend, my pooches and you. Cause that, my friends, is what life is all about. Loving in face of everything, always.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 320 "Solidarity Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4GY_PluOW4


Each day I grow prouder and prouder of my brothers and sisters standing on the streets, speaking up for what is right, with the Occupy Wall Street movement. Everywhere I go I hear all these haters who've been conditioned to believe as Americans they don't deserve anything. It sickens me, people think if you want a good education, if you want health care, if you any sort of equality financially, that you are looking for a hand-out, that you don't want to work. It is nonsense. These folks think no one should say anything ever and everyone should just accept what little scraps fall to them off the billionaire's plates. I see things differently. To me a great nation, looks out for its constituents. It wants a population where people are given opportunities to thrive and achieve. This is the America my grandparent grew up in, my parents grew up in. In America that was great becas3u everybody got a chance to succeed.

Now all these folks think that that it's un-American to expect America's richest citizens to pay the same 5 tax as average Americans. It's obvious what is right and it's absurd that some folks are so greedy they just can't come to terms with the thought of sharing. hey can't come to terms with the thought of people having a small fraction of what they do. It drives them crazy. Has anybody read a history book. Do these rich imbeciles remember that out country was founded in Revolution against a tyrannical government that saw fit to tax in whatever manner they deemed appropriate.

This Paul Krugman makes some awesome points in an Opinion piece in the New York Times,

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/10/opinion/panic-of-the-plutocrats.html?_r=2&src=tp&smid=fb-share

Here's a quote:

"The way to understand all of this is to realize that it’s part of a broader syndrome, in which wealthy Americans who benefit hugely from a system rigged in their favor react with hysteria to anyone who points out just how rigged the system is."

Yep. #occupywallstret and watch the rich babies cry. They never learned sharing in kindergarten. They want all the toys for themselves. Not to mention the food, the health care, the education, the public voice... You can see how that's working out. Solidarity.

Stay tuned thorough the end to the hear the "Solidarity Rant" at the end of the "Solidarity Song."
Brothers and sisters, we are all one, even that 1%. We got to make them feel the love. Maybe we'll touch a nerve, or even a heart if we're lucky... if they have one. Just kidding. They do... right?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 320 "Solidarity Rant"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVnhR19C6hA


I detached my "Solidarity Rant" from the end of my "Solidarity Song" (where it was born) so those of you who prefer ranting, WWE-style, to musical ranting can enjoy one art form without the other. The love of peace, freedom and equality is alive in America. "Oooooh yeah !!!!! - "Macho Man" Randy Savage.

No comments: