Sunday, October 23, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 327

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 333 3:33.3 of Richard Romero & 3 Friends - 3-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bUSjHW7TyM


This is Day 333 of the Operation 365 so I am going to 3-3-09, nine being three times three. Then I am going to go to the three minutes and thirty-three seconds spot (assuming it's at least somewhat appropriate) and then I'm going to share the first 3:33 that I find. Let's see all this 3:33.

Wow. What an awesome some piece of music, that I might never have found to otherwise. I glanced through this same show today and had no idea this was there. How awesome. I love this life. Richard Romero, Misha Borisovsky, Amadou Fall. The Soul Man. Four amazing musicians. Kicking off my Open Mic. What an honor everything is. Honestly.

Cool. If you watch 'til the end you get to see me act bitchy. If it wasn't for the whole 3:33 thing, I'd have probably included more music and less whatever comes after, but hey. I took even one step further actually. At the three minutes and thirty-three seconds and three-tenths of second mark I came in for exactly three minutes and thirty three seconds and three-tenths of a second, not including the four seconds that the screen shows and tells you what's been happening. It's a sweet science, this 365, really.

Shout out to LP records which spun at thirty-three revolutions per minute. That sounds right. Right?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 333 "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling" by The Righteous Brothers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXmYJS_qniM


Thanks to my baby, Leanne, and our pup Nigel's baby, a one-armed stuffed pink guy. They collaborated masterfully on this project. Look how Nigel looks on in proud admiration. We're a close family.

Continuing on my speeding tunes up kick of these last few days, we had some fun with "You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling." There may be a couple "wrong" chords mixed in. Nothing that distracts TOO much from the fun, I hope. God bless the 365.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 333 "I'm Dizzy"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5eI7zMgO5s


Leanne is my special gal. I am very blessed. We had breakfast and did a crossword puzzle. We ate eggs. We came home and took pictures in Photo Booth. It was fun. She spun me around on a chair and I almost got dizzy. Then I wrote this song instead.

I have really enjoyed the forced-to-write-sings-almost daily part of the 365. It keeps me on my toes. Sharp. I have always dreamed of having a job where I wake up in the morning and know I have to write music and work on music all day. Going on tour is a little like that, but not in regards to writing. So this is a little like that. It's just not a job. It's an Operation.

Life will spin you around.

No comments: