Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 323

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 329 Justin Mills & Jefferson Jay "Little Darling" 12-5-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zl3e--3NZw


Golly, I've been blogcrastinating. This was a fun moment. The 365 returns to the OB Holiday Parade on December 5, 2009. Wes Davis, Blowski, Charlotte James, Barbara Tolbert, Adrianna Martin-Morningstar and myself loaded up on to The Arc of Clark and participated in some parade-y revelry. There was singing, dancing, a whole lot of holiday fun. We even got our driver, "The General" Justin Mills in on the fun. I started playing his classic tune, "Little Darling." I was confident there's no way he would sing. He is a little particular form time to time. Did I mention he hasn't played a gig in years? To my surprise, he took the mic though and festivity prevailed.

Now I'm not saying this version here is one of the high points in the history of music or anything. That would be up to you, but that's not why I'm posting it, regardless. it was a great moment in friendship history, a terrific moment in fun history and THAT's why it is offered in this here Operation 365. Not everything in this life can be epic. Some stuff is relegated to just begin awesome. Everything is perfect. You just need to see it in the right light.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 329 "Faith" by George Michael
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teLtyYUH1e0


Hell yeah, I have faith. In fact, I've been having such a jolly good time on these covers the last few days, I think they may have slipped ahead of the Archives in the most challenging task in the 365 from day to day. In fact, today the tricky part has been motivating myself to blog. Usually that part comes easy. I have thoughts about all these things obviously, I just have to open up the brain and let 'em rip. Perhaps I should say drip... no matter. Either mind...

So, yes, see, rambling comes naturally to me. Tonight I host Open Mic at The Reunion. What a fitting name. The good vibe has been on hand in a big way. I am gong to go discuss all the fun events of recent weeks on the radio, 94.9 with Tim Pyles on Sunday. It's always fun to catch up with my pal, Tim. So yes... "Faith." I hope you dig my down-home version.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 329 "Whatever Doesn't Kill You..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxCEN3ZpZeM


In summation... (for some reason, I just wanted to say that) I wrote this in class the other day. The teacher knows I do the music thing. I tend to keep my lives as separated as possible. Just makes life easier, usually. Well, it was an English class, so the teacher suggested I share my writing process with the class during the last 15 minutes of class after the main lesson was over. I said, "OK." When It came time to do, I had a slightly different idea.

I pointed out how few minutes were left in the class and then I started writing. First the chords, then the lyrics. I'm not sure I said much at all. When I was done, I looked at the clock. Three minutes. Three minutes had passed. I'm not sure they knew what to think. I am pretty sure they knew what I thought though. It came out to quickly for me to have much a filter. This is how I felt in class at work that day. Life as an adult. Pretty scary. Ha.

No comments: