Thursday, October 20, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 324

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 330 "Dragon Swan Song" by Don Truesdail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QuwjzNoyMk


"Dragon Swan Song" means a lot to me. It is an epic song about a man who never does quite as much as he hoped he would. One could think from the lyrics, he didn't do much at all, but a song can only say so much. You can't tell a person;s life story in a song, any more than you could in a book or a movie, You can only tell parts, parts enough to make the point you want to make. Don Truesdail wrote a fabulous song. Many, actually. I've taken more time to absorb this one though They are intentionally thick.

I know I would play this song in the 365. Today is his birthday. It was the day it was meant to be. So I did it. It felt good.

Happy Birthday Don. You'd be 37. Just like me. And Matt and JT. Matt helped me with my flat tire than I got today. JT helped me finish "Gift To Be Alive." It's a work I'm proud of. Thank you Don for being my friend & sharing so many awesome times with me & so many awesome tunes with the world. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 330 "Pooch, Poochie, Pooch, Pooch"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhBVPswy3Ys


"Pooch, Poochie, Pooch, Pooch" was written for pooches. It's a pooch appreciation song. Straight up. It is also dedicated to DonT.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 330 At Home With Don Truesdail & Angel Gets a Gift - Christmas 2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL5aOV4hF8s


This one is self-explanatory. Peace and love. Always and forever. Onward and UPWARD, RIGHT ON.

No comments: