Saturday, October 1, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 305

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 311 Robin Lee "Get the Guns" 12-23-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMWGccm1FEo


So I really wanted to find something from 2008 to use in the Archives today. My 2008 footage is limited and somewhat picked through already, but I'm happy to have found some Robin Lee footage to share, from back when she had her long hair. Here she is, probably one of the first times she payed with Jack Davidson. This is some nice raw Robin, form back before things got crazy in 2009.

Here Robin is playing a nice slow version of her classic "Get the Guns" at my Open Mic on December 23, 2008, my last show of the year that year.

I has wanted to play a 311 tune for my cover today, considering it's Day 311 of the 365 If I had done that, I would have moved today's cover to the Archive, but 311 tunes are hard to find chords for, much less play, so I went in this direction instead. Probably more merit to me sharing a Robin Lee song and a cool one-of-a-kind clip with my Petey Mueller and some kids, than me trying to force my way through a 311 tune. Robin rules. Dig it.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 311 "What a Wonderful World Medley" 12-18-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzRKANUvLUM

The "What a Wonderful World Medley"features the songs "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke and "What a Wonderful World" by Bob Thiele (as George Douglas) and George David Weiss. "What a Wonderful World" was originally recorded by Louis Armstrong in 1968 and has been played by countless artists since. I performed this with Patricia Mueller on piano at our big Portugalia end of the year, holiday party on December 18, 2008. She and I also arranged the medley. It was the end of the school year and we were reflecting very positively on the great year that was 2008 and this is what we came up with.

Patricia's piano students can be seen frolicking on the stage behind up. It was a fantastic evening, featuring , among many other things, Don Truesdail's final performance, on what would later be known asThe Don Truesdail stage. Don was amazing that night, in concert with the fantastic vibe. What a golden time. I will always feel that way looking back and it humbles me to be able to share it here with you.

Today, October 1, 2011, is also a marvelous time. A picture perfect day in San Diego. Relaxing, having put in my full week of work. Playoff baseball. Friends, food, and beverage. I remain humbled, blessed, and fully appreciative of the Godly gift of peace, freedom, and life. What can I say? I'm happy.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 311 "Why?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOUCm1tCspc


Why? Some things happen that you can't understand. Occasionally, you never get answers. It's OK, but it's nice to have an outlet as an artist to let off a little steam. I feel great. I'm living a dream. I'm just saying, communication isn't everybody's strong suit and occasionally, friends insult you without even meaning to do so... and I am not that easy to insult. Anyway, it's great to have the blues and soul to express one's self and return to having a transcendant day.

You never know. Things always manage to work out somehow. Usually, in ways you couldn't imagine. Just like, I'm sure my friend couldn't have imagined insulting me in the way she did... These things happen. It's just too bad they went the way it seems they did. She got me all excited but... Everything works out in the end.

Sorry this is vague. It's just the way it's got to be this time.

NOTE: Mere hours later, I'm very glad to say this situation has been resolved as quickly and painlessly as possible. Much love, friend.

NOTE 2: I just figured out that this "Why?" the 1000th video I've posted as part of the 365. Congratulations me. "Why?" Good question.

No comments: