Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 322

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 328 Jefferson Jay "All My Life" 12-5-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lcp0YkSldUw


Here is a clip from our excursion in the Ocean Beach Holiday Parade in 2009. Blowski and I helped our pal Tim Clark, built us a moving stage. He built it right on to a truck. We called it the Arc of Clark. It shook a lot when we danced when it was driving. It required sea legs for sure. We assembled quite a team to ride the Arc. Barbara Tolbert, Charlotte James, Adrianna Martin-Morningstar joined and Wes Davis and myself and we had a good time. "The General" Justin Mills drove the boat. He and Adrianna would couple up several months later and now they are engaged. Who knew?

Here, we are singing Justin's trademark tune, "All My Life." There is audience participation. Wes provides harmonica and Stephen Malkmus-inspired vocals. Barbara taps the tambourine. 'Twas a fun day upon a truck.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 328 "You're the One That I Want" - John Farrar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2Yjkk-Tqyo


I am dedicating this one to my baby, my special lady, Leanne Pearl. I had fun playing it because I meant it and that felt good. I also had fun playing it because it's "Grease" and "Grease" is awesome. Playing Danny Zuco is one of the few life goals I have that I've never achieved. I think that moment may have passed. I would need a lot of make-up. This was fun and I'm sure this will be the new way most people play, "You're the One That I Want" before too long... No question.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 328 "Times Like These"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjXBzv3rVQ


"Times Like These" is a little number I just made. I think it has lots of potential. I used some neat chords. I made the lyrics as I went but I dig the concept, which is... These times are wild. We need to act accordingly. There's a lot on the line. We must make these times what we want them to be, because that's our best chance at them getting that way. Nothing does itself. We have to make it happen, by occupying the spaces we wish to inhabit, and doing what we need to when we get there. I think I may refine it after this 365 is done. Maybe sooner.

I've been working on getting my CD "Gift To Be Alive" out soon. We are near the deadline. The CD Release is on 11-11-11, just a few weeks away. Much to do remains. I still need cover art. Gift to Be Alive/ How do you say that with imagery? Hmmm... I'm open to ideas...

No comments: