Monday, October 17, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 321

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 327 Mac Mac 8-13-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXBfO_o8l4k


Here is Mac Mac from Joe and Jen Stevens' Wedding on August 13, 2008. Mac Mac is a good guy. He is very helpful in a number of ways including photo and video stuff. Lately, he has been down at Occupy San Diego quite a bit representing. I thank him for that. It is a noble quest. I believe.He is also a veteran of the armed forces and here is my favorite song. Sadly, I forget its name, but it deals with some of the issues Mac Mac had in the aftermath of participating in warfare.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Outtakes - 327 "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgzOe2H8hmg


I was a little down, waiting for the day to end here in school. I had to do a cover and I am too emotionally exhausted to work too hard on it. Fortunately I found "Stir It Up" in my memory and online and playing it made me a feel a bunch better for a bit. School will be over soon. Lots more to do today, as usual. So I think I'll tie it up quick, (Is this song about sex?) but not before thanking music for once again cheering me up, giving me perspective, purpose, and a way to express my art and feelings.

I hope you like today's 365. I apologize. I don't feel like I brought my A-game. Life doesn't not always permit. We do the best we can.

DOH! I looked it up and I did "Stir It Up" on Day 189. Bummer. I guess I will post this as an outtake instead, just because it's there.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 327 "Happiness Is Warm Gun" by John Lennon and Paul McCartney
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtNVab_gySI


Playing "Happiness Is Warm Gun" may have cheered me up even more than playing "Stir It Up" probably in no small part because I am home and free at last. Yes, I am still workin' at the 365 and I am going to the studio to work for a few more hours soon, but I am doing what I like, what I choose and what I feel like and that feels amazing. I am feeling euphoria inches away. It is very exciting. plus I love "Happiness Is Warm Gun." It cheers me up like I don't know what. The dark subject matter, the light lyrics, another Beatles masterpiece. The 365 wouldn't have been complete without it.

I played it naked. I want to come out of the closet about something. I like being naked. I see nothing wrong with it. It's not that I'm an exhibitionist or want anyone to see me. I don't. I am just comfortable in the outfit I was born in and it is my preferred costume for sleeping and chilling around the house whenever its appropriate. Sue me. Because I don't wish to be seen, I almost always throw on some fabric for the 365, but today, I just didn't feel like it. I was feeling like I'd already done enough things that I didn't wan to for one day and if I want to be naked than that's what I'm gonna be, goshdarnit. I did use my guitar to cover up as much as possible though. You're welcome.

Sometimes when I do one of these nude, (There's been a couple times...) I distort the colors a bunch so no one knows whats going on, much less what I'm wearing. It's artsy. Well, so is playing a Beatles tune in your birthday suit. The land of the free and the home of the brave, right? Well, this is my patriotic statement for the day. I am me and proud to be. If that offends you, find a mirror and work it out. Peace.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 327 "Diggin' Out"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2BwFYeycJY


I''m not even sure I like this song, "Diggin' Out". I just wrote it. I was in a class with some students. They were talking and being disrespectful. I spoke to their regular teacher and he told me to demand that they be absolutely silent. I did. It worked more or less. The quiet gave me space to write a little something. This little something. I was writing about how lost so many of these kids look. It's like someone told them they'll explode if they try to hard in school, so they do everything they can not to try at all. Not always, just often. Watching so many people waste so much time each day depresses me. It makes you with you were elsewhere. Then I feel like I need to dig out too.

This feeling is compounded when the teachers all treat you like a pariah just cause you're a sub. I have to go beg forgiveness from one after school today. Her kids left her room a mess last week and I didn't clean it up. I didn't know I was supposed to. If she says anything to the boss, that might be just enough to make me gone. I am a sub, That is how dispensable we are. If anyone says anything, with grounds or not, they'll just get someone else to do the job. Nothing like groveling for a job you barely want but really need. Sad.

So I thought a little about the protestors on the city streets of New York with the cold, hard winter coming. I thought about how they're not gonna want to be there, but they will, because that's what they gotta do. I am here feeling the same way, without all the adrenaline and righteousness of doing such an awesome thing for our country. I am just waiting for some miserable person to get mad enough for whatever reason and see that I'm sent packing. It's that easy. Hey, maybe I'll find out I wrote a cool song. One can hope.

No comments: