Sunday, October 9, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 313

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 319 Richard Romero 2-12-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NGHbLzIEkQ


Here is Richard Romero, kicking off the Thursday show, on February 12, 2009. Richard is my bass player, but he plays his own awesome, 70's inspired, spacey and reflective songs. He is an amazing musician and a hell of a guy. Richard is joined here by Maciej Switacz on flute, Paul Lopez on congas and The Soul Man on guiro. Progressive, ambient, and lush, Richard Romero's textures really rule.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 319 "Chicago" by Graham Nash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXLEeYjAQT8


Did I mention I was really excited about the awakened state demonstrated by the Occupy Wall Street movement? Well, I am. If anybody tells you this kind of stuff is un-American, than you should tell them they don't know what American is. You will be right. If everyone accepted the punitive crap that greedy, selfish leaders deemed them worthy of, we would all be British subjects, speaking English like songbirds of 500-year old fountains. That's what it sounded like to me when I was there. I had an easier time understanding the French.

I decided to go into the protest vault and dig on Graham Nash's "Chicago (We Can Change the World). Hell yeah! We can. We are. Maybe people will even start being interested in music again and what people are saying. I see a bright light on the horizon. I have been waiting a long, long time. I almost thought it was never gonna happen. Solidarity. Brotherhood and sisterhood. We all share a world. I view this a good thing. Everybody just needs to learn to play well with others. not try to hog all the toys for themselves. It is bad behavior and it's been ignored for to long. Hail peaceful protest and folks willing to stand up for what they believe in.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 319 "There Comes a Time"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xTK1An7UMY


Still being inspired by the actions of Americans and folks around the world, standing up against governments that have gone too far. Sharing is caring, bro. Dude, come on. You don't need 150 cars. It is tacky to have 46 houses. People starve to death. I'm sure you blame then for not working harder, or something, but I don't see it that away. I see a certain amount of stuff. Folks with power moves around that stuff where they think it should go. Money is one of those things. If you think because you worked heard, or your parents had a lot of money, that you are more entitled to 15 yachts than another human is to food, then to me, that's really messed up. To me, there is a connection. A direct one. A friend told me 30 billion dollars could feed everybody starving in the world. Then he told me the American military spends that every 8 days. I have not checked the numbers.

If you work hard and wanna have stuff, I think that's great. If you think having money makes you better or more important than anyone else, than you are sorely mistaken. Money goes away. Nothing lasts forever, except love. Love is the ingredient needed to take this movement higher. Only love can heal our fractured times. Everybody wants to be loved. You have to believe. It appears now is the time for change to reign. We are all one and there's a lot on the line. Now, what happens next?

No comments: