Saturday, October 8, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 312

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 318 Katie D 12-23-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-2Dj-pSWbo


Katie D is a nice woman. I don't know her as well as many of the folks who have frequented my shows over the years. She seems less insane than most of them, but can yo really tell? She says she'll be stopping by my new Open Mic at The Reunion on Wednesday nights from 8-11 sometime soon. The Reunion is located at 2205 Mendocino Ave in case you were wondering.

This is Katie D from my Open Mic on December 23, 2008. God bless her.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 318 "Skip To My Lou" - Traditional
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AOEzhRfM8w


Needed a quick cover. Today is a busy day in OB. It is Oktoberfest. The Jefferson Jay Band is playing a gig in 40 minutes at Winston's as part of the festivities so I am squeezing in these here videos real quick, while I have a chance. "Skip To My Lou." Who is this Lou?

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 318 "Rush"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SiLSuOvewqc


This song, "Rush," is not by Rush, and it will not give you a head rush. I don't believe. I hit play on my mind and whammo! A song. I busted this one out quick, lickety-split. What does it mean? I may never know. It is open to interpretation. Shout outs to Geddy Lee, Alex Lifeson, Neil Peart and everyone from Canada, with the possible exception of Russell Martin, who I'm still a little mad from earlier this week. It will pass. Life... what a rush.

Shout out to Al Davis. Commitment to Excellence. Rest in Peace.

No comments: