Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 316

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 322 Paul Lopez and Friends "OB Love" 12-3-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvFbhcbRiZ4


Here is some great music played by a great group of guys. They named the song "OB Love" as a shout-out to love in our heavenly home place of Ocean Beach, San Diego. Around this time, December 2009, it looked like Paul Lopez, virtuoso conguero on Aqua Dulce was going to be leading a kick-ass band for some time. I loved them as they came together. I felt the music they were making was inspired. At this time, Paul Ruiz was backing Paul Lopez on trumpet, Jim "JT" Tuggey was on bass, and The Soul Man was on guiro. Some of the other members changed as time went on and the band sort of vanished. Life is funny that way. You never know what is going to happen. I am glad I captured the band in its inception and as it grew for awhile. I really loved the musical and sensory experience their music provided.

JT, playing bass for this ensemble, is an awesome dude. He has worked with me closely on my next CD, "Gift To Be Alive," which I am releasing on November 11, 2011 at The Griffin in San Diego, 1310 Morena Blvd. It's where the old O'Connell's used to be. I think extremely highly of JT. As I do of my Jefferson Jay Bandmates, Senors Ruiz and Soul Man, of course. Paul Lopez, I used to see a lot. He played all the drums and percussion on "Gift To Be Alive." It's been awhile though and I hope to catch up with in time to invite him to the CD Release party. This is me putting that out there in the universe. More Paul Lopez Music Group, as I used to call it tomorrow. They later changed the name to LoPro. That name is probably more fitting.

I almost forgot. Special guest appearance by Wes Davis. Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 322 "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town" by Mel Tillis
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAzij4rGa48


Apparently, it's Poochie Appreciation Day on the 365. I'm feelin' the love for our four-legged furry friends today and I'm going with it all the way to Day 323.

So the lovely couple I married a month or so ago, (actually, exactly a month ago, yesterday) Lauren and Jeremiah Bryant adopted an adorable little Boxer puppy named Ruby recently. I saw a photo on Facebook that brightened up my day immeasurably. What can I tell ya? Subbing is not as glamorous as you think. A few back and forths and I learned miscellaneous cute puppy was a girl named "Ruby." Then I went and learned this tune.

Yes, "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town," is about a guy who comes back form war paralyzed from the waist down and his girl leaves him and goes and parties it up. I think we can safely assume that is not whom the cute puppy is named after, but the song is pretty neat all the same. I'm familiar with the Kenny Rogers version. I saw The Killers did it too though. I enjoyed playing it. I kinda wanted to get it a hair more refined but this is the 365 and there is only so much time in a year. I figured out once that by the time this 365 is over, I will have spent about two whole weeks, 24 hours a day working on these videos and this here blog, all for whoever enjoys it.

Congratulations to Lauren and Jeremiah for the new love hanging in their home, cute little puppy
"Ruby," Biff the Dog's sis.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 322 "Take Two"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYkv9bEl95Y


I made up this one as the cameras were rolling. It is a bit related to the previous post about Ruby, my friends' Lauren and Jeremiah's 2nd household poochie. I have been loving life in a 2 pooch household since February. The extremely adorable Nigel appears to my right, screen left and Angel, my best friend since 2000 is relaxing on the other side of the room. The unconditional love our pooches hold for us sets an example we can all use to carry through our lives. There are so many opportunities to lash out, especially at those closest to us, from time to time. Dogs don't do it, and we don't need to either. They are loyal, one of my favorite traits in all existence, and having two of just means twice he love for everyone to share.

So it's not entirely clear what Im taling about in the chorus "Take two and call me in the morning. Take two and stay awake for a little while." Of course, aspirin or ibuprofen is implied. I like Advil as much as the next guy, when I have a headache, but I am telling you I was thinking about pooches and their loving ways when I extemporaneously sang you this song.

Now the next challenge will be to try to find an archive video that echoes this motif. Peace and hail poochies! Angel and Nigel, I love you!

My archive efforts turned out to be an original for tomorrow. Stay tuned.

No comments: