Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 10

Firstly, I wrote a blog yesterday, but forgot to post it til today, just so you know. In other 365 news, I received a note from Bob Dylan's people generously saying I could leave up my vids of Dylan tunes but only if I put this verbiage first in my description.

"Copyright music and lyrics reproduced by kind permission of Special Rider -- for original, exclusive
performances by Bob Dylan, check-out the official channel at www.youtube.com/bobdylan."

So I did...
Thanks to Bob and his mignons for sharting.... Oops I meant sharing... seriously. It was an accident. No pun intended. Well maybe...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 13 Jason Burleson - February 7, 2009 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUBkW_vTA0k

Today's Archive features another talented buddy of mine with a birthday. and that's not the only thing they have in common... They both play guitar and sing quite beautifully. Here is Jason Burleson, or as I call him Burly-Town from February 7, 2009. Happy Birthday Jason!

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 13 "Wonderful World" by Sam Cooke - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDnIz8244x8

Been wanting to share this jam for a few days now. Second day in a row I covered some song I didn't even know who wrote it til I put it up. Learning's fun. Been teaching quite a bit lately. Mr. Burleson, my friend whose birthday it is today told me he'll celebrate by studying so this one goes out to him as well.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 13 "Molasses Man" -

I already told y'all I don't believe in coincidences right. And that I think everything happens for a reason... Well, I do. Wasn't planning on playing this tune today. In fact it's one of the ones I recorded a few days ago and forgot to turn the mic on. I tried to play the first tune I ever wrote. I was doing well too until I forgot how the bridge went for a moment. Oh well. So what's the reason for this tune today, one may wonder.

I just turned on the camera and went with no idea what song it would be until I started playing it. Appears to be a Jason Burleson motif here today and this song does play in. "Molasses Man" which appears on my first CD, "Great Story" (available now at www.jeffersonjay.com), is an anthem for all the great procrastinators of the world. "Molasses Man" is the world's first heroic procrastinator. My dear friend birthday-celebrating friend Jason has been laboring on his first CD for quite some time. This song is for him and anyone else out there whose ever put off doing something they knew they really wanted to do deep down inside. Complicated beings we humans are. Mmmm hmmmm.

"...As if all those things were planned," - Molasses Man - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DAGw7ttc2Y

No comments: