Friday, December 10, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 12

So a little bit ago, I accidentally stabbed myself in the wrist trying to modify a candle that's been sitting in my backyard for years. I was not being careful at all. Please don't be like I was being. My neighbors patched me up and Blowski came over, cleaned up the blood and played my guitar for my 365 songs so the show could go on. Thanks again Ski and friends, be careful.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 16 "Summer In The City" by The Lovin' Spoonful - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc_0Hgxwmfc

Blowski plays keyboard in The Jefferson Jay Band. When we needed a cover we knew that I could sing, we recalled this one we played in 2009 when it was hot, in the summer, in the city.

NOTE: When I loaded the above passage into youtube it had only one tag suggestion, "christianity".

What the darn heck does any of that have to do with Christianity? Better still, what do they hope to accomplish by suggesting people add the tag" christianity" to tons of random videos that have nothing to do whatsoever with Christianity. I have no idea.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 16 "Killing's Wrong" - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wSLwA5bY0I

Special acknowledgments to Gordo and Angel, the pooches on cameos. This is Killing's Wrong, one of my main tunes ever. There's a long interesting stort about how it came to be but I am too wiped from bleeding and being in shock to share it right now.

NOTE: It suggested I should I should add christianity, philosophy and inspirational for this one

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 16 Blowski with Marissa Oliver and Ian Livingstone -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-1nRz1RySA

So I decided I was going to go to whatever the first clip I "randomly" clicked on for the archive today. Well, if you've been reading you know I dont really believe in random. I think everything happens for a reason. Anyway, unsurprisingly I went right to this clip of Blowski. Here, he is playing "Been Thinking" and "Gypsy" at my Open Mic with Marissa Oliver (violin) and Ian Livingstone (mandolin) at my Open Mic on November 10, 2009.

No comments: