Thursday, December 30, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 30

30 days of doing this blog thing, huh? Not too shabby. In case you're wondering why the videos are about a week ahead of the blog in terms of how long its been going, it's because at first, I thought I'd use video responses to explain the videos I put up. I though that would be easier and more interesting, but it actually just turned out to be more confusing for everybody, so about a week in, I switched to blogging instead and boy am I richer for it.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 36 "Blood Tastes Good" by Tim Riley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOCNDPFH3Fk

"Blood Tastes Good" is gem by my friend Tim Riley. Riley is an attorney here in San Diego and he is currently finishing up his first CD. We used to hang and jam a lot a few years back before he got busier. He helped make a set of twins a couple years back. They're his first kiddies and he is in his mid-forties. What a superstar he is in terms of getting it all done. I don't see Timmy as much as I'd like, but I think of him often and his really cool tunes. As a bit of an homage to Mr. Riley, I have Riley'd up the vocals just a little bit to give you the feel that Riles-Town brings to the table when he arrives.

TAGS: San Diego, lawyer, attorney, public defender, blood tastes good, revenge, blood, Tim Riley, Timothy Riley, Riley, Tim, Jefferson Jay, cover, acoustic guitar

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 36 "The OB Pirate Song"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFQDT99ucD8

Staying in the vein of my obscure and humorous hits that no one knows about from yesterday, here I offer "The OB Pirate Song." "The OB Pirate Song" offers a little insight as to why our little villa of Ocean Beach is so paradise-like from the unique perspective of a pirate. Charlotte james helped inspire this classic about a year ago when we just finished admiring some waves. If she really wanted she could probably take some partial credit for this song's existence. I felt her out about it once though and she didn't seem too interested in adding this to her ripe tunography so the buck stops here and I'll take full blame for it. ARRRRRRRR, MATIE!!!!!!!

TAGS: tunography, Charlotte James, San Diego, Ocean Beach, California, beach, ocean, waves, beautiful, breeze, Jefferson Jay, pirate, sandy, OB

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 36 "Let's Hear It For Rock N' Roll" by Clifford Jomuad with Jefferson Jay on vocals - Live from Don Truesdail's Birthday Celebration/Jefferson Jay's Open Mic - 10-20-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoOr8ArdND4

This is one of the most classic tunes by far of the era of a few years ago. It was quite a scene. A whole bunch of friends, little if any egos affecting things, everybody getting together and appreciating and enjoying each other's talents and company. Great times! Maybe the best I've ever experienced. Clifford and I did this "Let's Hear It For Rock N' Roll" song and dance many times at Open Mics and other shows over the years and I always got a kick of it. Clifford gets the showmanship of yesteryear side of rock n' roll form long ago. Back when rock n' roll really rocked and rolled.

This particular version was recorded at Don Truesdail's Birthday Celebration/my Open Mic on 10-20-2009, hence the shout-out at the beginning of this tune. Amazing how times change so quickly and completely. I, for one, prefer to focus on the good times and let those less savory portions of the experience fade away. With all due respect to Muhammad Ali, I prefer to float like a butterfly than to sting like a bee. Though, I guess either can be fun from time to time. That same era known for all that rockin' and rollin' also had famous people (like Ali) with morality, conviction and integrity. Gosh, it must have been cool to live back then. Actual role models and leaders in the public sphere. Wow!

Here's wishing everybody from the era that ended the best of times, now, always and forever. No hard feelings here. Peace and love.

TAGS: Clifford, bid red dog, red dog, fire, flash paper, dancing, Ocean Beach, Jefferson Jay, singing, comedy, humor, fun, rock, roll, let's hear it, Jomuad, live music

NOTE - 12:46pm youtube suggested I add tags "mime" "inspirational" "asian television" to the Clifford video. Are they watching? That's f'd up. I did it, but ...asian television. That's walkin the fine line youtube. No one said anything about Asians. Ha ha ha

No comments: