Thursday, December 23, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 24

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 29 Don Truesdail plays "Sweet August" - 12-6-08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4fp-qqpJkM

Here we go, "12 Days of Truesdail" rages on. Here is Don at his love-songiest best tributing his beloved wife Nancy. Nancy has been working her tail off finishing Don's 3 concept albums that he laid out before he passed away. ""Dasvidanya Bingoland," his first release is available now at www.truesdailstudio.com and "Sweet August" is featured on that CD. His next two records, "Enervator," and "Schmoozetales," will be available in 2011. It has been a great honor to work with Nancy on this material as it is important. Anybody can benefit from the love and valuable wisdom contained in this music, not just those of us who knew and loved Don. Thank you Don and thank you Nancy for all you labor and love.

In case anyone wondered was lies ahead for Operation 365... "Old Friends, New faces" will follow "12 Days of Truesdail" In that chunk, I'll get some folks in who I haven't had a chance to showcase yet. Stay tuned for Sene Africa, Charbra, Chimney Fish, Clifford and Destructo Bunny in the archives, just to name a few...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 29 "Farmhouse" by Phish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F1_Znlj4Jk

Because of perspective (blasted perspective) I noticed my head looks really small in this picture compared to my guitar. Regardless, I wanted to dedicate this tune to anyone I can remember ever going to a Phish show with back in the day. I will offer a partial list here as part of my shout out. Mattie Steinberg, Mike Warrington, Derek Speredelozzi, all my friends at my birthday show at Mullins Center in '94, the whole Jersey crew including my brother and sister, Kim, Matt Reiter, Giamongo, Danny Miller, Jason Lizzack, Wass, Spence, Sutton Papanikolas, Danny Katz, Ryan Cassidy, Kirsten Dahlgren, Dylan Avery. From Montreal to Sugarbush, Jones Beach to Big Birch and Radio City to Fest 8, great times.

I remember the first time I ever heard this tune...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 29 "Relevant Game"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7KDN-5m3B8

"Relevant Game: is one of my older tunes. I wrote at Stinson Beach in the late 90's while inspired by how beautiful it all was. It makes the point that everything matters and uses nature as proof. My beliefs continue to grow in this direction day by blessed day.

No comments: