Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Operation 365... Take 15

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Covers – 20 “Can’t Help Falling In Love” by Elvis Presley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aen8VeeWVM

Well, first I learned this song is not by Elvis Presley, not that it really matters that much, but for the record, it was these three dudes; George David Weiss, Hugo Peretti and Luigi Creatore… God bless ‘em.

Operation 365, as you may have imagined, takes a bit of time. I have been teaching quite a bit of special ed. lately. The kids consistently inspire me with their great attitudes and appreciation of the things in life they DO have. Even the kids who can’t speak or drool a lot teach me things every day about communicating positively from your heart the best you can and appreciating every blessed breath in life. For reals.

So I play for the kids sometimes and they seem to enjoy it. One student tells me I have the greatest voice in the world. Another holds his ears like I’m nails on a chalkboard. I get a kick out of the whole thing. When I came back from lunch today, a whole bunch of the kids (not special ed.) were cheering for me and saying my name. I laughed and was tickled by the acknowledgment.

I was thinking about “Can’t Help Falling In Love.” I’ve always thought it was a beautiful song. So here I am in the classroom, playing the song the last few minutes of class as the bell rang. Notice as the tension vanishes from my face before my eyes. Ahhhh….. Sweet release.

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Originals – 20 “I Am The You And The Me”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tXlYxBLko

I figured I’d come this far on my work for the day. I have been trying to squeeze in 365 work whenever I can to minimize the time it takes me which is significant. I stayed after school and recorded this little number “I Am The You And The Me.” It was inspired by my blind friends Cory and Laura Wilkins. They play music in a band called The Cory Wilkins Band. He plays guitar and sings and she is the drummer. They play with me sometimes as well. Anyway, they are really fun and cool people and I was trying to imagine the world through their eyes. Pardon the pun please. I merged that with my belief that we are all connected. Throw in a shake of the fact that we all play poker together sometimes. Braille cards and there you have this song.

Where does one of us stop and another of us begin? I don’t know. Isn’t it all in our heads anyway? A shared dream. We are all one. I am the you and the me.

Operation 365 – Jefferson Jay – Archives – 20 - Cory Wilkins Band - 3-4-10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvE0LCgtzZE

In the spirit of this tune, that I wrote
“I Am The You And The Me” http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tXlYxBLko
inspired by The Cory Wilkins Band, I decided to post a clip of why I find them so inspiring. Enjoy the power and passion of the Cory Wilkins Band. They are great people, great friends and I love them.. oh and by the way, Cory and Laura (the drummer) are blind. Kisses.

P.S. It feels good to be playing guitar again.

P.P.S. youtube just "suggested" I add "bateria" and "asian television" to the tage on the "Cory" video. Hilarious. What the hell is "bateria"?

No comments: