Sunday, December 12, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 14

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 18 Wes Davis - "Oil Spill of Love" - 7-10-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjrt5A4Y9Bk

This number helps us hearken back to yesteryear and the great BP Gulf Oil of 2010. The only effective way to deal with horrible tragedy is to try to make a little light of them once in awhile to make them just a wee bit more tolerable. Here, my buddy, the extremely talented Wes Davis uses an extremely amazing keyboard to illustrate his take on life and the abominable environmental disaster of way back when. Great times.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 18 "What's Lost In The Words That We Don't Say"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAU_2ZF1fcg

I promised Barbara I wouldn't use these video recordings. Well, maybe it wasn't a full-on "promise" but... At the time, I had no idea I'd be injuring my wrist or doing Operation 365 here much less both, so I'm working with what I've got here Out of respect for Barbara's wishes, I picked the song in which she's dancing around and playing to the camera least. Barbara and I are the singers in a band called The Greens of Mind. We only play occasionally these days, but we have some vids you can watch at my youtube page (youtube.com/jeffersonjaydotcom). Here we were doing a little practice for a show we had a few months back of my tune "What's Lost in the Words That We Don't Say"

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay (with Chris Zach) - Covers - "Hallelujah" by Leonard Cohen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6UFVxpwejA

Today's cover is from a live show I did for my birthday/CD Release party for my CD "Yellow" on April 15, 2010. Hence the yellowish gold garb. My birthday is April 16th. Here I am playing with my friend Chris Zach. I picked it mainly because it was the only place I knew I could find myself playing a cover in my archives fairly easily Of course, right before the song starts, I make a joke on the mic about how I karmically deserve to be stabbed for some joke I was making.

If I don't believe in randomness, does that mean I lose irony too? I'll have to think about that one. Well, I had no idea that little joke was there, but I guess I should be real glad I didn't hurt myself way WAY worse stabbing myself in the wrist the other day by mistake. I am actually feeling all right there in my left wrist as I'm typing here to you right now. Hallelujah!

This evening was filmed by my friend Dylan Avery, whose voice can ben heard in the stabbing related banter near the beginning of the clip.

No comments: