Saturday, December 11, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 13

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - Jason Chase, Sky Ritchie and the Dancing Boy - 8-11-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6YBaNz24E

Doing my 365. Day Two of barely functioning wrist. Still don't know how I'm going to deal with the guitar playing parts of it all, but I started my work for the day with my Archive. I again went with a "random" choice, but this time, I asked my friend Josh, who is also my girlfriend Leanne's roommate. I asked Josh to pick a "random" date." He picked August 11th, without even thinking or realizing it is Leanne's birthday. Random? So I went to a clip from that day. It happened to be an Open Mic. Then I scrolled down and told him to tell me when to stop. Then I moved the cursor around without looking and had him tell me when to say stop. When I got there, it was Jason Chase and Sky playing and a boy I believe is Jason's son dancing in a fascinating manner. So there it was, "randomly selected" for you once again. Live from my Open Mic at August 11, 2009, Jason Chase, Sky Ritchie and the Dancing Boy.

Score one more for my hypotheses that everything is connected and nothing is random.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - "You and I" - Recorded live at Jefferson Jay's Open Mic - 8-11-09
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XIWQiNR7b0

This unforeseen circumstance with the wrist has led me to consider other possibilities than me just playing each tune to present them. I was already on this clip of Jason Chase, Sky Richie and The Dancing Boy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Je6YBaNz24E) from 8-11-09, I found perusing for the archive of the day and I was the next performer. You can see the dancing boy standing on front of me listening and swaying some. Looking at it, I see no reason why I can't incorporate more of these in the presenting of my original tunes. All hail randomness. Here is my tune "You and I" at my Open Mic on August 11, 2009, which just happens to be my girlfriend (who I hadn't met yet)'s birthday.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 17 "Silent Night"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul06S7NwV9U

This is my unique rendition of "Silent Night" by Traditional. A couple of years ago I got a Christmas gig at a church. Me, Clifford and Soul Man went. I learned this tune for the gig. Anyway, I was in the shower getting ready. A lot of inspiration comes to me in the shower. And I thought "Silent Night" is cool but I should write a song that reflects my feelings on things of this nature. Then and there, I quickly conceived and penned my tune "Good Graces" and we debuted it that night. They were a very attentive audience incidentally and we had quite a nice time.

Fortunately, I recorded this tune earlier this week while compiling some covers. I was planning on saving this for a little closer to Christmas but today is just as well. Another amazing appearance for Shanti the Hamster.

Finally, I have a video that actually DOES relate to Christianity. Josh said, of youtube, "They knew." He also predicted a lot of people will see this one. If nothing's random than nothing at all is random. So, maybe they actually did... or the universe did and we're just playing it out for game's sake.

No comments: