Friday, December 3, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 6

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 9 Jefferson Jay jams with Damon Stoll and The Mooneys - 3-13-2010.

I put this up because today is Damon's birthday. Happy Birthday Funky One. For many years, Damon was the bassist extraordinaire in The Jefferson Jay Band. He plays on my first four CDS, available here (www.jeffersonjay.com). He is currenly visiting Japan with his pops Gary for his birthday. Also representing are The Mooneyhams. Mike (dad) on guitar, Lili (mom) on camera and other things and Jackson (perhaps the world's cutest human). We were having fun in March and here is fun for now.

When I watched the footage, i saw at the end that I was wearing my Ronnie Rico Birthday Party shirt. Yesterday, after my set at Dream Street Live, I learned that my friend Ronnie had recently passed. He was a great guy and he has been in my thoughts a lot today. So I guess it's no surprise that he appeared on the screen and now on yours as well. God bless you Ronnie Rico. "Onward and upward." - Don Truesdail. Also pictured, Don's 8-string bass in Damon's hands.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Original - 9 Destinies Combined - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnMDCah74C0

I had considered waiting to post this tune until some poignant day, but it was ready to go so here it is. I wrote this about the state of my friendship with my good pal Don Truesdail, one year after his passing. I was going to post a perfect version maybe on Jan. 13, 2011 and maybe I still will, but it's late. I just recorded three other tunes to use, Do You Feel Free, The Greens of Mind, and Molasses Man. I played them all well and got them all ont he first take but I accidentally turned the mic off on my guitar so forget all those. The moment had pased and any hope for doing something tonight is fading fast, so I am posting the one ready to go that I had planned to use initially anyway. Love you Don.

Maybe it ties to the whole Ronnie Rico thing actually. You can try to steer fate but life has a life of its' own.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 9 I Want You - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eehdB61PJGM

Jefferson Jay plays Bob Dylan's classic "I Want You."

No comments: