Sunday, December 26, 2010

Operation 365... Blog 26

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 32 "Absolution" by Don Truesdail - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO-13_tghAA

I'm not feeling very bloggative today. Hail Truesdail!

This song is "absolution" off of Don's first CD, "Dasvidanya Bingoland, Hello Nancy." For more info, on Don and his music, please visit www.truesdailstudio.com

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 32 "Waiting For The Sun" by The Jayhawks
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fh588q_NCqc

I have always liked The Jayhawks since I saw them open up for Matthew Sweet back in 1993. "Waiting For The Sun" was my favorite tune by them then so I bought the CD. That's how you know it was long ago. I still like this tune. You should check out their version if you get the chance.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 32 "Open Wound" - Recorded live 10-6-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf8lLCB66mE

I "randomly" opened up to this tune. I decided I would look in a "random" show and see if I could dig out some obscure-ish original I played. In case you're new to my blog, I don't believe in randomness as I believe everything happens for a reason and those two views can not co-exist as I understand them. Of course, I found the perfect one, "Open Wound," instantly. I went right to it. First off, Don liked this tune a lot. He came over as I was finishing it and we jammed a really cool version with two guitars and harmonies and everything. Being upset, is why songwriters have songs like this, Don sorta said that to me once. This version was recorded live at my open mic on October 6, 2009.

It's amazing how a depressing song can really lift you up when you're in the dumps. Depressing movies can also have this same effect. Like Layne Staley, or some gangsta rap, or this tune, sometimes it's just so over the top you just have to laugh. Gotta love the guy in the cotton-candy colored scarf, sitting there in a dark room and singing "Open Wound". Consider myself up-cheered. At least, somewhat anyway.

Lots and lots of peace.

No comments: