Monday, May 2, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 152

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 159 Jefferson Jams Squatting - 3-28-2010 + bonus jam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9_pev5O40c

Apparently, I do. Who knew? Would I ever post this if I didn't have a 365 going on here. Good question. Dangerous time to ask good question. Dangerous time.

This was filmed before our set at the Ocean Beach Road Show on March 28, 2010. I liked the sound of the guitar effects. Made me wish I still had that stuff... a little. Dylan Avery (l), Paul Ruiz (also squatting) and The Soul Man (r) also appear. All three are American heroes. Paul Ruiz and The Soul Man served our country in the military. Dylan Avery served our country by making the movie "Loose Change." Please visit www.loosechange911.com or google.com and search "loose change" and inform yourself if you haven't yet already... if you're in to that sort of thing.

Peace

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 159 "Overkill" by Men At Work
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGMbZJhDfos

"Overkill" is by Colin Hay of Men at Work. I have loved this song since it first came out in 1983. For some reason, I was blessed with the urge to play it today. I believe in peace. I love this song even more now. It really cheered it up. I mean this song literally, figuratively, metaphorically and any other -ally you can come up with I mean it Muhammad Ali. Muhammad Ali was a man of convictions. He stood up for what he believed in. He had some views that were unpopular at the time, but eventually people realize he was right. For this, he became a respected and beloved figure. Around that same time, Martin Luther King Jr. said this.

‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

Those were the days.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 159 "I Don't Wanna Talk About It"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjvraDjMIRY

I think the lyrics say it all.

I Don’t Wanna Talk About It

There’s that big story in the news
They killed a guy and people think it’s great
The people’s on TV who say what happens
That seems to be the end of the debate

I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it

Everybody seems to think it’s great
There’s all these bloody jingos all around
Some people want to kill that guy again
It seems to me the world is upside down

I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it

Some say that if you don’t agree, you’re nuts
A conspiracy wacko, or a freak
Just ‘cause you’re not repeating what they’re feeding you
Because it’s proof and answers that you seek

I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it
I don’t wanna talk about it

BONUS: Some thoughts posted on my Facebook page today:

I need someone to explain to me how Osama did this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSc7NPn8Ok I am old fashioned. I believe in things like proof and physics.

More... I hope this means we can end all these wars now. Over 1 million Iraqis were killed and Osama didn't kill any of 'em. We've been at war with Afghanistan for years, bombing caves. Osama was in a city in Pakistan. I think when tons of Americans turn into a bunch of bloodthirsty jingos, that's frightening. I don't want to rain on anyone's celebration, but to me, spending billions to kill a guy and killing millions of others in the process, isn't all that festive. Then again, I'm the guy who wrote "Killing's Wrong" so what do you expect?

Janet Truesdail
As a rule, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I find it REALLY strange that there's no physical evidence. "Buried at sea"? Just a little to convenient. And I've read so many posts today that sound SO bloodthirsty. And many from people who I have to say I was REALLY amazed at. I'm honestly a little sickened. And for those who are ready to call me an America Hater, you'll never meet anyone more red, white and blue. I just happen to believe that ONE of our rights is to question our government and if I'm not mistaken, the founding fathers agreed with me.
5 hours ago · Like

Love it, Janet. Agreed. My friend Dave Sandomeno posted this quote MLK quote and I love it. I am about to post my new song "I Don't Wanna Talk About It." Depressing. To some peace is stupid, and questioning is unpatriotic.

Nothing like someone getting killed to pull folks together. Details be damned.
--------
If you believe everything they tell you on TV, today's a great day. Proof, facts, and physics are the relics of yesteryear. Bloodshed and revenge are more fun, if you're into that sort of thing...

Barry Handler
Well, it's hard to just let it go when the guy organizes a team of followers to hijack four commercial airliners and plow them into crowded buildings killing thousands of citizens. That is unless you believe Bush and Israel were really behind the whole thing. The dude went on worldwide TV praising the hijackers for carrying out his orders. Without conducting a formal psych eval in the man that is as good a confession as I have ever heard.
7 hours ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
I need someone to explain to me how Osama did this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwSc7NPn8Ok I am old fashioned. I believe in things like proof and physics.
7 hours ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
Letting it go and killing a million people in a neighboring nation or two are polar opposites. I choose neither.
7 hours ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
www.loosechange911.com
7 hours ago · Like

Barry Handler
I'm not understanding your lyrics, Jeff. Iraq? That was what Bush did wrong. It had nothing to do with 9/11 but was about mythical weapons if mass destruction and Hussein's refusal for UN inspections. That is not too dissimilar to what we are doing to Libya presently. Invading Afghanistan and getting rid of OBL was reasonable.
6 hours ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
He was in Pakistan.
2 hours ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
‎"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that."
- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I love Dr. Handler. Those aren't lyrics...yet...
2 hours ago · Like

Barry Handler
I agree with MLK and do not rejoice in the death of OBL. It was still the right thing to do. I can't tell you the origin of this quote but remember that "when someone strikes you and you turn the other cheek expect they will strike that side too.". While never a war monger I retain the right to defend myself, my family and friends and my country.
about an hour ago · Like

Barry Handler
I thought your comment about killing a million people referred to our fiasco in Iraq. I was against that from the start.
about an hour ago · Unlike · 1 person

Barry Handler
I just clicked on your links. There are still conspiracy theories about who shot JKF and even Abraham Lincoln too. Crackpot people will always see UFOs and little green men. It is hard to deny the images of the passenger planes flying into the trade center towers if you are at all grounded in reality. The destruction at the Pentagon and the hole in the ground and strewn airplane debris in Pennsylvania are real and documented too. We have numerous videos made by bin Laden that were published worldwide at his request in which he openly admitted he ordered the airplanes to be hijacked. When you hear hoofbeats why do you want to look for zebras unless you live in Aftica or a zoo?
56 minutes ago · Like

Steven Gordon
Barry I couldn't have said it better myself!!!!!!!
44 minutes ago · Like

Jefferson Jay
Whoa, a Steven Gordon citing. Leave it to Stever to come out with his flag today. Tower 7, Dr. Handler. How did it fall? Answer that with physics-based facts. Just that one question.
Nothing more.

Please stop talking about green men. I don't lump you in with the guys from Nip/Tuck and castigate plastic surgeons for being slimy and immoral. That would be unreasonable. I'm sure you would agree that everyone in a society benefits when all sides are given a chance to be heard.

Tower 7, Doc, Tower 7.
--------

If someone disagrees with what you were told, it is easier to dismiss them as a conspiracy "freak" or "wacko" than look seriously, with an open mind, into the statements that they're making.

Jefferson Jay
is disappointed that if you don't feel the same way everyone else does about stuff, that means you believe in green men. When did the second side of the story get banned? One Side! You disagree with what I heard on TV... Man, you must be crazy. I love everybody.

No comments: