Monday, May 30, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 181

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 187 Jillian Doty "Freak Show" - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj43CmmGHoQ

Let's do Day Two from the "Soulful Songstress," Jillian Doty Henrikson. Much fun catching up with them yesterday. Here is Jillian's song, "Freak Show," which details her experience as a Denny's waitress. This very cool song was recorded at my "12 Hours of Free Music"concert on December 6, 2008 by my main man, Dylan Avery. Dig.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 187 "Can't Smile Without You" by Barry Manilow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4_feturr_0

In my continuing tribute to driving around in the car with my Mom in the late 70's/early 80s as a youth, I bring Barry Manilow's classic "Can't Smile Without You." Pretty fun tune. Makes me think of Sesame Street, same era. Comes complete with Barry's trademark key changes for effect, a time-honored, if not way overused technique to building intensity in a song. Thanks Barry. You seem like a very pleasant fellow.

I'll dedicate this number to everybody in this world I can't smile without. You know who you are. If you think you are you, it is true. You are.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 187 "Take Time On Your Road to Freedom"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55pwglw6Hgo

Here we go. It is with a heavy heart that I inform you that this will most likely be Shanti the Hamster's final appearance on the 365. No, thank God, she's not dead. She has just moved to home with a teenage girl who will probably be able to give Shanti far more love than I had been, as of late. I have been focusing on loving my wonderful girlfriend leanne, our super puppy, Nigel, and of course, Angel, my venerable and lovig amiga. I had found myself with less and less time to snuggle her and I felt bad. Best of luck to Shanti in her new home. Thanks for all the good times. I loved you... and still do... in a used to live on my desk sort of way.

In other news, "Take Time On Your Road to Freedom" was written with an eye towards the progress upcoming. To the magic that will happen just ahead of now. The point of "Take Time On Your Road to Freedom" is to enjoy each step along the journey. Times change. People (and hamster) come in and out of your life at one point or another. Savor every secdon 'cause you never know whats' next.

I composed this extemporaneously, inspired by dogs, as the camera captured my action. I had no idea what I was going to sing or what the chords were. I hope hope you enjoy my spontaneous creation for you. A song that never would have existed (I can't imagine) without the magic of the Operation 365. Peace. I love you and Hail Shanti! May her life kick great ass in the future.

No comments: