Thursday, May 5, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 155

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 162 Acoustic Booze - "Manhunt" - 10-15-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2s5AhAisF4

Here's one of my bands, Acoustic Booze, live on October 15, 2009, playing one of our signature numbers, "Manhunt." The Booze just found out that we are going to play the Ocean Beach Street Fair, coming up here in the Summer, so that is exciting for us Boozers.

I have been drumming in the band for over two years now and it's great fun. Leading the band, is my nearest and dearest pal, Blowski. He is backed up here by Patricia Mueller on keys, Adrianna Martin-Morningstar on vocals, The Soul Man on guiro and Dylan Avery on bass. Dylan recently relocated to pursue his promising film career and we all wish him huge success there. These days, Richard Romero has our back on bass and Paul Ruiz holds it down on the trumpet. It's tons of fun being in the Booze. I love my bandmates and that's what makes music fun.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 162 "Charge" by Tommy Walker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74UQ2FzEadE

"Charge," I learned, is a fanfare. Fanfare must mean catchy little riff you hear at ballgames. Figured I'd lighten things up a bit around here and what does that better than sports? Not much that I know. Yes, sports is a great distraction because you can learn stuff rom it but really it doesn't mean anything at all. As someone put it to me recently, my friendly neighbor Nate, it is entertainment. I know have been entertained by yelling "CHARGE!" at the ballgame many times.

Remember when Wilma and Betty used to yell "Charge It!" on The Flintstones. I do. Loved that show.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 162 "Wish Wash" (A Song about Chris Bosh)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boIFPiaIZUA

Sticking with sports motif, I figured I'd salute the NBA play-offs by ripping on noted third banana, Chris Bosh. There are few better ways to undercut someone than by forgetting, or pretending you forgot someone's name. That is pretty much the whole theme here with this one. What did Chris Bosh do to deserve this ridicule? Hmmm... Not really a great answer for that one. Some say he's soft. He signed with the Heat to be their third best player, even though he gets paid like their first. One of my students claimed Bosh averaged 24.9 points per game, but he really averaged 18.7 this season. I don't know. Maybe I'm the one being wishy-washy now. It's fun. I like the words "wish wash." If I had more time, I'd probably write a more involved some, incorporating the words "wish" and "wash" more. Maybe another day. Now that's wishy washy.

Maybe the Miami Heat wish Chris Bosh was better. Maybe they'd love to wash their hands of him. I've heard trade rumors. Maybe they wish they could wash their hands of him and spend that money elsewhere. Maybe on a point guard. Now I'm getting somewhere... I just like the sound of it.

Wish Wash.

No comments: