Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 153

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 160 Jason Burleson - "If Life Were A Minute" - 3-10-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lOXSrH1QVY

This is Jason Burelson's song, "If Life Were A Minute," recorded at my Open Mic on March 10, 2009. If life were a minute, would you spend celebrating that someone died? Would you spend it killing someone? I didn't think so. Well, life's not a minute. What's the difference? Do you think that you have time for stuff like that? Apparently, a lot of people do. Life is a minute. What, no one told you? If the world was made in 6 days, like The Bible says, it may be even less. Regardless of what The Bible says (Thou shalt not kill), life is precious and karma exists. See Mohandas Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr. for more information.

In other news, stay til the end to hear the great Robin Lee sing the melody of the song she wanted Jason Burleson to play next, "Today's A New Day." He played it, and I posted it, two months ago. It is available here. Peace. Is there a less hip sentiment these days than "peace"?Not that I can tell.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 160 "Gonna Fly Now" (The Rocky Theme) by Bill Conti - 3-10-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBdXhiGEAT8

Here before, Jason Burleson's set on that there March 10, 2009. I "sang" the Rocky Theme song, in honor of Jason's fancy attire at my program. And 'cause he's a winner. It is good fun. It was composed by Bill Conti with lyrics by Carol Connors and Ayn Robbins.

Enjoy a nice slice of my stage banter and fancy outfit, complete with golden shirt and flowing skirt. Rocky was an underdog. Remember when America liked underdogs? Don McLean once sang, " A long, long time ago..."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 160 "I'm Old-Fashioned, Asking Why."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvY4QsEbSH8

This is my new song. Once again, the lyrics say it all, more or less. I remember when attention to detail, proof, evidence, innocent til proven guilty... I remember when all these American maxims were still in effect.

For more, please visit www.jeffersonjay.blogspot.com

Bonus rant for blog readers:

I think the only one left is that "America is the greatest nation in the history of the world" nonsense. I remember when the Woodward and Bernsteins of the world, those who sought the truth, were respected. Now, those types are castigated or dismissed. Remember checks and balances? They're dead. Extreme greed and addiction to material things seem to have replaced them seamlessly. It is tragic to me. I think that makes me a patriot. MSNBC, FOX News, the government, they all lie. This is known. It's been this way for some time. See The Gulf Of Tonkin Resolution, The Manhattan Project, and The Tuskeegee Experiment. Watch "Loose Change 9/11: An American Coup," with an open mind, if you dare. Look into weather modification, then look at the sky. If you refuse AND call yourself and American, you don't know what being American is.

If you think believing what you're told and following orders makes you American, you haven't studied much American history. I have. Remember how this country started? The Revolutionary War. If those guys hadn't questioned their "superiors" and stood up for what they thought was right, there would be no America. We'd all be British now. I feel liks I'm arguing with history, climbing uphill, endlessly, wasting my breath. If I wasn't so damn American, I'd have given up a long time ago. Damn being old-fashioned. I feel like I'm still playing Atari, while everyone around me's been bought off with X-Boxes and Play Stations. At least caring's not extinct yet. Then, you'll know, it's too late. Until then, stubborn folks, like me, keep on trying.

Waging peace in a world full of war,

Love,
Jefferson

P.S. Look up what Thomas Jefferson believed in. Skip slavery. He wrote the Declaration of Independence and The Constitution, the documents our country is supposed to be governed by. Is that what you see on the streets? I didn't think so. It's easier to ignore it, watch more Kardashians, and eat more McDonald's, believe what they tell you on TV, and ignore that the news lies. It's much easier. That's why people do it.

TAGS: Atari, Play Station, X-Box, Thomas Jefferson, checks and balances, stubborn, Jefferson Jay, old-fashioned, lies, British, Revolutionary War, Declaration of Independence, Constitution, slavery, peace, war, why, The Gulf Of Tonkin Resolution, The Manhattan Project, Tuskeegee Experiment, patriot. MSNBC, FOX News, the government, Loose Change, Woodward and Bernstein

NOTE: Gabe Patino, formerly of the band (e)Minds. They played by 24 Hours of Free Music in 2008. He just told me via facebook chat that I have inspired him to enjoy doing covers, showed him to make it his own. I love stuff like that. It keeps me going each day on the 365. Peace, Gabe. I will listen to your "Love Her Madly" soon.

NOTE: This last video took over two hours and about five tries to load.

No comments: