Friday, May 13, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 164

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 170 Justin Mills - "Destruction Device" - 12-11-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCfgI1m-dsI

This is close to as far back as I go in my filming of stuff, within a week. I have had "Destruction Device" in my head for ages. I would learn it if it wasn't such a task and I still might do it anyway. I love this tune. Justin Mills is one of my favorite songwriters in the world. I was honored to play his tunes with him for the while that I did. Here I join Justin on my cute little Ashbory bass, as I often did on Thursdays, back then. Wes Davis, fresh back from Tahiti, sat in on tambourine. These were happy times. I always felt like I was f'ing Justin's tunes up on bass, but he was positive about it, so I played on. It is really hard to sing and play bass at the same time, probably the hardest thing I've ever tried to do in music. It's much harder than singing and playing drums. I hit one bad note each on bass and vox on this take. I guess that's not so bad. I tried to make up for it with some triplet action right after on the bass. Ha!

Incidentally, my adorable puppy Nigel, also happens to be a destruction device. Ate my headphones this week. Eats leashes, couches, rocks, wood, my car. Even tried to eat glass a couple times. Kids...

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 170 "The Twilight Zone" - Marius Constant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J63ATnGZ3I

It's Friday the 13th and I'm sick. I tried "The Continuing Story of Bungalow Bill" a few times. It wasn't happening. If there's more to this song, I don't know it.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 170 "Being Sick Sucks"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kNsd4MDpiI

Self-explanatory.

NOTE: I think youtube just called me a nerd. It "suggested" I add that to my tags. So I did. Pickin' on a guy when he's down...

No comments: