Monday, May 16, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 167

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 173 Interview With A Baby - 1-26-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmAwp86-f6M

Today is a baby day on the 365. I became an uncle for the first time. Congratulations to my brother John and his wife Kim on the first child, a beautiful baby boy, Jacob Anthony Gottlieb. Here, I interview another of my favorite babies in the world, one Morgan Riley Stevens. He is joined on stage by his folks, Joe and Jen Stevens, who together comprise the band, Beer Money. Morgan is a adorable lad. A few times, I interviewed him on stage at my Open Mic. It was always very revealing.

"You can't argue with cute." - Joe Stevens

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 173 "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)" by John Lennon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mK6KXKZwPAI

This is John Lennon's beautiful song, "Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)." My brother, (who with a huge assist from his wife, Kim), had his first son, Jacob, this morning, asked me earlier this week, which cover I was going to do for the 365 on Jacob's birthday. I said probably "Beautiful Boy." When I went and listened to it and learned it, I knew I made the right choice. What a song! You can feel love he feels for his boy, Sean. What a precious gift! I can't imagine Sean doesn't cherish it to this day. I'm sure he always will.

I did a version or two when I learned it yesterday. I have been sick for almost a week. I thought my version from yesterday was OK, but when I re-watched it today, I wasn't thinking Jacob was going to be cherishing that version from his sick Uncle JJ when he got older, so I did it again just now. Still sick, but I hope it's a little better. I have a little love with my beautiful boy, Nigel, at the end. We are blessed indeed.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 173 "A Baby Boy Is Born (Hooray Today)"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A5crUVrZfs

Life is full of comings and goings. One door opens. Another closes and of course, vice versa. This is the nature of life. It is perplexing and consistant. Enigmatic and interesting. Always changing.

So my first nephew was born today. Jacob Anthony Gottlieb. He is son to my brother John and my sister-in-law Kim. he was born at 7:58 EST, this morning, May 16, 2011 and weighed a robust 8.64 pounds at that time. Jacob is named after two of the greatest men I've ever known.

The name Jacob is for my grandfather, my mom's dad. Everyone called him Jack. He was an honest man with a firm convictions. He knew what he believed in and what he didn't. He was always extremely loving to all his grandchildren and we all loved him very much.

The name Anthony is for my for my friend Anthony Michael Russo, who died in 1992. We were seniors in high school then. It was a sordid ordeal. Isn't it always in such circumstances? Tony practically lived in our house growing up and developed unique and deep personal bonds with every member of our household. To say we were devastated when he past, is an enormous understatement. I am honored, touched, humbled, and delighted... moved, by this whole experience. By the birth of my nephew. By the honor bestowed on my grandpa and Tony in his naming. By the growth of our family, and the gift of a new life, to my brother and Kim, his incredible wife. To Jacob.

Life is full of twists and turns, each more surprising and revolutionary than the next. Never have I had such a thin grip on what truly lies, directly before me. What I am relieved to know is Jacob is here. He's healthy and he's gonna hold it down, on behalf of all of us, for some time. He has two loving parents who will raise him right and two incredible namesakes, who will be looking out for him always, in ways we can't possibly understand.

Congratulations John and Kim and Jacob. I love you all so much.

At the end of this version of "A Baby Boy Is Born (Hooray Today)," a plane flies by. I thought about that plane as I finished preparing this video... Sometimes, the plane arrives. Other times, it has to fly away. It can't do one without the other. The plane needs both to do either.

So do we.

Done.

Whoa.

Jacob Anthony Gottlieb.

No comments: