Sunday, May 29, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 180

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 186 Jillian Doty "The Sound" - 12-6-2008
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCUCE7osNPM

This is my friend Jillian Doty, now Jillian Doty Henrikson, from 12 Hours of Free Music, 12-6-2008. I called Jillian "The Soulful Songstress," back in the day, when we had a nice scene going on and she certainly earned that moniker. This is one of her original tunes. I'm not sure what it's called. She and her husband Philly B once reigned supreme as the King and Queen of my Open Mic, back when I was hosting one. They now live in Tucson, Arizona with their two children, Tieg and Arlo, but a well-placed rumor states they may be moving back here real soon. Hooray rumor!

We enjoyed adult beverages earlier this Sunday afternoon at The Sunshine Company and played a game of billiards. Later, we will reassemble and test our wits in a a contest of Trivial Pursuit at Leanne's abode. Enjoy Jillian and Phil, cause we'll be featuring them through this Memorial Day Weekend into next week on the Operation 365.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 186 "Holly Holy" by Neil Diamond
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tp7dqy5mGNM

Been reminiscing to the late 70s,w hen my mom drove around and listened to Manilow, Diamond, Air Supply, and Kenny Rogers. Feeling a bit like saluting those times and the buck starts here. With Neil Diamond. Talk about a guy who puts it out there, lays it on real thick. Gotta appreciate the effort. I am going to cut my doggy clips somehow now, to make this work for you. See you soon.

So here are some clips form fun with puppies. Thanks to Leanne, Nigel, Angel, and Buddy, this weekend's house guest, for appearing. Enjoy playfulness. Avoid carelessness. I didn't and dropped my camera on its' facey. I hope that she's OK.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 186 "Livin' in the Laps of Dogs"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMY5gDNwKL4

This is a little ditty I was inspired via video to write. I was watching a video of all those folks in Brazil walking around in a house all miked up playing music. It was made to look like one take.

This one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW0i1U4u0KE

It was really well done, and it was received over 3 million hits in the one week it's been up. So I saw all these cute doggies lying around. I've been puppy sitting and its been a doggy dog world around here for days. Pups everywhere. Moved a few Maltese pups to a new home earlier this week, but that's another doggy story for another doggy time.

So I saw them all snuggled up and the whole thing just came to me./ Tok a minute or two to work the song out, but that was that and I gave it a go. Now I'm not saying this is as well-thought out or well-executed as that thing, but it's a cute, creative idea with puppies. They were good, but they only had one puppy that I remember. I have three. Thanks for inspiration. nice tune. Nice video. Nice job.

No comments: