Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Operation 365... Blog 182

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Archives - 188 Philly B "Phoebe" and Lost Dog Speech - 2-17-2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIxFPdT_se4

Lots of momentous announcements gong down here. Just sitting close to the stage at this show could get you pregnant, we learned. Philly B can project. Philly B's parents' dog Samson had run away days earlier. Philly here, offered a reward. It's funny because a year later, after living it up on the streets of OB awhile, he came back. Fascinating. Here is Philly, doing one of my favorite tunes of his, "Phoebe," a song of a guitar that passed away. This was recorded on February 17, 2009, What a wild time. It's kind of like now in that way. It seems.

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Covers - 188 "Sweet Dreams" by Air Supply
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX18-Kbmol0

Still bringing you the greatest hits of driving around in my mom's car with her in the late 70s and early 80s as a youth. Ahhh, cassette decks. I would say I miss them, but I still have one in my car and it actually works. At least until I sell him any day now. Then it will work, but for someone else. Yes, my mom was bringing it with the easy listening at this time. Kenny Rogers, Neil Diamond, Manilow, Air Supply, these were all standard fare for then and there. They call 'em formative years for a reason and here is one of my most beloved Air Supply numbers, "Sweet Dreams."

Operation 365 - Jefferson Jay - Originals - 188 "Lead"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_8B8Q2q_BA

"Lead" is a tune I wrote and recorded on my CD "Yellow." I don't believe I've ever played it live. "Lead" was inspired by a conversation I had with my brother and sister. I remember jotting all the words down right after and having the melody in my head. "Yellow" can be listened to or purchased here, www.jeffersonjay.bandcamp.com

No comments: